Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Exhaust attachment Quandry

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 01:04 PM
barkerd427
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust attachment Quandry

Ok, just got done with my timing belt/waterpump change and everything went fine. (The turbocharger thermostat was backwards though if anyone knows why that would be good to know.) It started fine and the oil press read about 4.5 until it got up to temp and then bounced around 2 and 3 the rest of the time. The oil press was steady with throttle application. Coolant temp was also within limits. The only problem was that after the vehicle was running for a bit it started smoking from this tube that is attached to the exhaust. I have no idea why it would leak there because the tube connects where the crossover pipe(I think) connects to the rest of the exhaust and then it just comes right up to the top of the engine bay with no other connections. It is on the right side of the motor as your driving and in the back. It is topped with a blue cap. Anyone know what is going on. It is smoking pretty bad. TIA.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:22 PM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

That's an emissions test port. Most people remove it and cap it with a lug nut.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:30 PM
barkerd427
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So it's probably just smoking cause it's loose? And that would mean I have a bigger oil leaking problem, right? It must be totally internal, because the only big leak I have that puddles is the power steering. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Exhaust attachment Quandry