Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Group Buy: SFR intercooler package,pipes,etc....

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 02:54 PM
TurboTim
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Group Buy: SFR intercooler package,pipes,etc....

Due to recent interest, we hae decided to offer a group buy on our SFR front mount intercooler package. Normally this package retails for $849 plus shipping but we will be offering the complete package shipped or $725! Think of it as our stimulus package! LOL!

And to be honest, we have been doing phenomenal this year even though it is a tough economy.We have been fortunate enough to move into our larger facilty which is almost 8000 sq/ft., hired more employees, aquirred and in ground Dyno Dynamics dyno, more tooling, etc......And I have to give mad thanks to Rennlist and all of our customers and supporters.Without Rennlist,there would have never been Speed Force Racing! So we want to give back as best we can so I am throwing out some huge deals! So onto the bargains..........

The package consists of the Spearco intercooler,mounting brackets and hardware, 2.5" aluminum intercooler extension pipes, silicone couplers and stainless hose clamps.

This buy ends October 1, 2009

To date, we have run over 525WHP with this intercooler and still had charge air temps with 20F of ambient. Some of our customers have reported over 50F drop in MAT's over some competitors best offerings, at tracks like Lime Rock,TSW and Watgins Glenn. That is huge.One customer went from blowing headgaskets every other trip to not having to touch his headgasket for a ful season.

We will also offer our stock replacement pipes to go along with this package for $279 which is a reduction of almost 25%!

And finally......for those on abudget, we are willing to lower the price of our intercooler end tank mod to the unbeleivable price of $100.That is a 33% reduction in price!

We will offer these deals till the end of the month. So take advantage of it while you can!
Old 09-15-2009, 02:58 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do we process the order as normal through your website? Or is there a special discount code to use?

Waiting for reply to order
Old 09-15-2009, 02:59 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Just bought new wheels and a new watch.. should have enough left over after rent, will know next week when i get paid . Thanks so much for putting this together for us Tim! Do we need to call as usual?

Another thing, i have LR 2.25'' intercooler pipes, should i just use a reducer coupling?
Old 09-15-2009, 03:06 PM
Landjet
Burning Brakes

How much more cooling area is there with this intercooler over stock?
Old 09-15-2009, 03:21 PM
TurboTim
Banned

Originally Posted by JohnKoaWood
Do we process the order as normal through your website? Or is there a special discount code to use?

Waiting for reply to order

Well our website CC processing is acting strange (we are working on it) so the best thing to do is call in or email your order.

Tim
Old 09-15-2009, 03:25 PM
TurboTim
Banned

Originally Posted by Landjet
How much more cooling area is there with this intercooler over stock?

544" for SFR itercooler vs. 481" for the stock ntercooler.This is the overall core size difference but......................the difference in frontal area is much larger. 160" for SFR intercooler vs 96" for stock intercooler!
Old 09-15-2009, 03:26 PM
TurboTim
Banned

Originally Posted by Techno Duck
Just bought new wheels and a new watch.. should have enough left over after rent, will know next week when i get paid . Thanks so much for putting this together for us Tim! Do we need to call as usual?

Another thing, i have LR 2.25'' intercooler pipes, should i just use a reducer coupling?

We can supply the right couplers or you but they will be $25 each.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:35 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by TurboTim
We can supply the right couplers or you but they will be $25 each.
Are coupler adapters needed for use with the stock pipes?

I like your pipes as well, but don't think I can sneak 1K past the wife right now...

a few of us at a recent GTG were chatting about the prospect of this GB.. will be interesting to see who all jumps...

I will shoot you an e-mail, or give you a call as soon as I get home...
Old 09-15-2009, 03:57 PM
TurboTim
Banned

Originally Posted by JohnKoaWood
Are coupler adapters needed for use with the stock pipes?

Yes! 95% of he people that buy out intercooler already have our pipes so the hoses we supply with those pipes work perfectly with this intercooler.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:01 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damnit. I hate you for tempting me.... Do you have any pics of it installed? Shots from the top and front would be cool. Id like to see what mods are needed to the bumper.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:10 PM
Chris Prack
Drifting

Don't believe there are any mods necessary. It is a well thought out piece.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:16 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Tom M. Posted some great pictures from his install in my IC selection thread, page 3.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:58 PM
TurboTim
Banned

As Chris said....there are no major mods to anything that needs to be done.The front bumper can be used as is with no trimming. It does require the assistance from someone to ull outwards on the ront bumper as you slide the intercooler up and ito its position.the only other mods required are bending some brackets in front of the radiaotr which the factory shroud mounted too, bending or removing the brackets for the stock intercooler and rerouting the chasis harness from the front of the framerail to underneath the frame rail. ?Sometimes it is best to trim the aluminum bumper support right around he inlet and outlet of the intercooler so a little more clearance to get your hoses and clamps on.

Old 09-15-2009, 05:13 PM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

Tim- Will be sending you an email later tonight regarding this.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:12 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

This will be a sticky until the end of the sale. Thanks Tim!

Quick Reply: Group Buy: SFR intercooler package,pipes,etc....