WTB

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 12:53 AM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WTB

anyone have a Scivision MAF harness / computer... mine went bad

Not the MAF sensor, chips or couplings, just the harness...

Russell is trying to find out replacement possibility for a NEW one, but I figured I would try for a used one... that someone has sitting around... car is sitting..waiting.. Russell has been great BTW...he is the man IMHO

If I can't find one, the AFM will be going back in, and I'll be waiting for a replacement harness or full blown MAF setup ala Vittesse.....
Old 09-01-2009, 12:55 AM
Dougs951
Race Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Never ends, does it.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:20 AM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Dougs951
Never ends, does it.
Nope, tore the car apart to rebuild the turbo to rid it of oil blowing out of the compressor... did venturi delete, etc. etc. "while in there"...

get it all back together and MAF signal is pegged at 4.8 V.... tap on fuel computer... drops to .8V all at idle..few more taps and it jumps from .8 to 2 to 3 to 4.8V..all the while the comp is adjusting fuel for the massive jumps in airflow...

I shipped the MAF and harness to Russell Berry, he confirmed the MAF sensor is good, but the computer is bad... waiting to find out cost for replacement...

I WANT MY CAR BACK....

on the bright side, I got 1 instrumented run before pulling everything apart again... boost came on at 2400RPM... but with hosed MAF signal the car was falling on it's face as soon as boost came on.... I really can't wait to drive her..it's been a month already (only 1 week dealing with the MAF.. other 3 weeks were waiting for parts... but I do have some pretty new parts under the hood... and a nice fresh turbo...)
Old 09-01-2009, 09:46 AM
sydneyman
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so this is why you aren't doing burnouts in my neighborhood yet? i was wondering why...
Old 09-01-2009, 10:39 AM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by sydneyman2007
so this is why you aren't doing burnouts in my neighborhood yet? i was wondering why...
LOL, you know it.. I was going to stop by after I got it all back together, and the maf was DOA... stay tuned, I'll give you a holler when she is back running... Might have to resort back to my stock AFM for the time being...
Old 09-01-2009, 12:58 PM
CurtP
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

What's bad on your harness? It should be repairable.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:19 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by CurtP
What's bad on your harness? It should be repairable.
The scivision MAF uses an inline translator for the MAF signal, the translator went **** up... random voltage out to DME, confirmed by Russell Berry (MaxHpKit.com)... he is trying to find out if it can be repaired or replaced... Russell has been great...

This exercise has me wondering If I should just pull up my big boy britches and go all in for a Link G4.... or Tec3....

after all..It's only money... right? car has now been down for one thing or another for a month....

damn modding, why start.... oh wait, my turbo spewed oil when I got the car...that was an actual repair +...

Quick Reply: WTB