Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Pictures or Assembly Diagram of Starter Motor?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 10:21 PM
URG8RB8
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Pictures or Assembly Diagram of Starter Motor?

Does anybody have an assembly drawing or pictures or a dissassembled starter motor? I want to verify I have all the correct parts, but lost my pictures with a hard drive crash.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:08 PM
mikeyoman
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Here are some when I stripped mine down last year.
Made the mistake of taking the collar off the shaft !

Hope they help

regards,
Mike
Attached Images       
Old 08-29-2009, 08:15 PM
URG8RB8
Drifting

Mike:

Thanks, been away a couple days on a trip. I have a small square piece of black rubber with a channel in it that I am not sure where it goes. I will try to get a picture tomorrow.

PS:

Great looking engine! I hope mine looks that nice when finished. Looks like we have very similar components, except mine are midnight blue versus the red. Which EMS are you using? Are you using COP as well?

Cheers,

Eric
Old 08-30-2009, 04:56 PM
URG8RB8
Drifting

I managed to take that picture today. I am sure it goes on the inside on one of the long threaded rods, but not exactly sure where.
Attached Images  
Old 09-01-2009, 06:35 AM
mikeyoman
Rennlist Member

Eric,

Can't remember where that fitted but as you said obviously to do with the fixing bolts. You'd guess there would be 2 of them, one each side ? Sorry not much help, took mine apart a couple of years ago.

my engine is basically LR stuff everywhere. Taken a few years to get this far and it's still not on the road yet. I just fitted a Vittesse WS unit - what controller did you use for your Suzuki COP units ? Would like to go to Megasquirt one day, only because I enjoy messing with electronics both at home & work !
Went a bit gadget crazy, bit like yourself
Old 09-01-2009, 03:52 PM
URG8RB8
Drifting

I have almost everything LR sells. I have been collecting parts for nearly six years now. Unfortunately, never had time to work on the car with my old job as I was always on the road. Now that I am laid off, I have tons of time and no money, Go Figure! I have a complete Wolf 3-D system from LR and Bob Boyer in Seattle. I also have the upgraded J&S Safegaurd system with knock sensors. I will be running the COPs with a MSD DIS-4 High Output unit. Possibly overkill for this application, but nice none the less. Everything is in boxes right now. I have just started on the short block assembly, but ran into a snag. See my other post for details on that nightmare. I think it is under control right now though. I would be working on it now, but my buddy spun a main bearing in his 4-stroke outboard engine last week and wants me to perform the rebuild. I need the work, so will be full time on that for quite a while it looks like. Quite a complicated little engine. Amazing they are getting 140 HP out of it, it is tiny.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:11 PM
URG8RB8
Drifting

I finally managed to figure out where the rubber piece goes after a bit of fiddling around with the parts. Thanks for your assistance and the pictures! Just in case anyone else should ever need to know this, here are some pictures:
Attached Images    
Old 09-10-2009, 11:38 AM
mikeyoman
Rennlist Member

Well done ! Nothing to do with the bolts then.
I'll add your pics to my album - just in case.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:50 PM
URG8RB8
Drifting

Thanks, I almost jumped in on that group buy for the aftermarket starter, but this one looks good as new now, so I just could not justify it. I am sure I am going to have quite a few questions for you once I get a little further along with my rebuild. Stay in touch!

Quick Reply: Pictures or Assembly Diagram of Starter Motor?