Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

944 Turbo S- intermittent no-start issue...

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009 | 12:28 PM
MM951
Race Director

FWIW, if you doubt your DME/KLR wiring (like I did with mine) Lindsey Racing sells replacement harnesses for a very good price considering how easy it is to install and the problems it solved for me. You can replace the injector /knock sensor harness, crank sensor harness, ISV, etc

I bought all 3 and have been pleased. If you do get it, the best DIY tool I figured out for removing the pins from the dme/klr plug is a bobby pin. I found a dark brown bobby pin, straightened it out, and snipped off the round ball tip. This removes the pin quickly with no damage every time.

http://www.lindseyracing.com/LR/Parts/HARNESS.html
Old 08-26-2009 | 04:05 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks a lot MM951- I've been working so much the last 2 days I haven't been able to get out to work on the car, but I'm going to tommorrow & plan to test everything I can that's been mentioned here. If it leads to needing a new harness or something, then I'll get in touch w/LR- I've dealt w/Dave before- great service...
Old 08-27-2009 | 01:01 PM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Hmmm, mine does this also on occasion. Both reference sensors have been replaced and I have the Lindsey harness kit installed. The work was done by my friend who had the car for 9 years.
It has happened to me ( hot no start only once).

It cranked, no start, I looked at the tach no bounce. I touched the wires tried again fired right up WTF?

Has not happened again in several weeks. Car is not a daily driver so not a big problem. I want to go standalone and just dump the whole crappy system!

Why and how did they come up with this?

Quick Reply: 944 Turbo S- intermittent no-start issue...