Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

CEP Fuel Rail....A Bit Disappointed.......

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 10:40 AM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

I highly recommend anything from him. Jeremy, you're gonna LOVE theG4!
Old 08-20-2009, 11:43 AM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MichelleJD
Jeremy, you're gonna LOVE theG4!
That's probably not for me at this point. My Vitesse hardware is just flawless so I have no reason to change.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:50 AM
m42racer
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have to have one to appreciate the difference.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:02 AM
reno808
Rennlist Member

I heard CEP is a gay runn
Old 08-21-2009, 11:50 AM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by m42racer
I'm sure most people would. But me on the other hand...I hate tuning. Seriously despise it. Years ago I tinkered with the Accel DFI on mustangs and hated it, HP tuners on my Vette...hate it......Data logging and tuning using my SMT-6....hate it. Not saying that I won't or don't do it, but I avoid it at all costs. I dumped by APEXI AVC-R for a MBC because I hated setting it up (it's a great controller). With my stage 2, I ran around for over year with the SMT-6 completely zeroed out, even though there was plenty more power to be had, because I dreaded doing it. While it's easy to do....for some reason I get frustrated using a lap top to dial in maps.

My main PC at home hasn't had an internet connection in two years because I can not sit in front of it an figure out why the network card has no IP address. My wife and kids usually leave for the day if I have to fix something with or on the computer. It's nuts....I know.

There's probably some term out there for someone who experiences great anxiety and frustration when using a computer for repairs or troubleshooting. Give me a multimeter or an Oscilloscope and I'm fine but if it has keys on it and I'm not using it to find ****....I have an issue.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:10 PM
spoolin51
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by m42racer
agreed

Originally Posted by Jeremy Himsel
I'm sure most people would. But me on the other hand...I hate tuning. Seriously despise it. Years ago I tinkered with the Accel DFI on mustangs and hated it, HP tuners on my Vette...hate it......Data logging and tuning using my SMT-6....hate it. Not saying that I won't or don't do it, but I avoid it at all costs. I dumped by APEXI AVC-R for a MBC because I hated setting it up (it's a great controller). With my stage 2, I ran around for over year with the SMT-6 completely zeroed out, even though there was plenty more power to be had, because I dreaded doing it. While it's easy to do....for some reason I get frustrated using a lap top to dial in maps.

My main PC at home hasn't had an internet connection in two years because I can not sit in front of it an figure out why the network card has no IP address. My wife and kids usually leave for the day if I have to fix something with or on the computer. It's nuts....I know.

There's probably some term out there for someone who experiences great anxiety and frustration when using a computer for repairs or troubleshooting. Give me a multimeter or an Oscilloscope and I'm fine but if it has keys on it and I'm not using it to find ****....I have an issue.
The new stuff is far more user friendly.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:29 PM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if it has keys on it and I'm not using it to find ****....I have an issue.

Amen, brother. Asian for the win.

(this is spoolin on DDP's computer)
Old 08-21-2009, 03:30 PM
944obscene
Three Wheelin'

Give me a multimeter or an Oscilloscope and I'm fine but if it has keys on it and I'm not using it to find ****....I have an issue.
I'm the same way! And I'm 22! I grew up working on a carbureted Elcamino with a cammed/supercharged small block. My idea of tuning involved adjusting float and set screws on the bowls!!! My idea of ignition tuning is loosening the distributor and turning it a few degrees to see if it runs better!

Since I got into modern cars, I've had to learn about lambda values, ignition tables and fuel maps. This is next-level rediculous! Base maps, on-the-go tuning. Electronic piggy backs. It's been a learning process for about 5 years now. I'm still clueles on most interfaces. I want to be more involved with it, but I HATE the idea of going into a computer program and messing with the way to ecu/pcm/dme thinks.

BTW. **** surfing is much easier than studying VE tables!
Old 08-21-2009, 04:26 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by spoolin51
The new stuff is far more user friendly.
It's not that it's not user friendly enough...... You can't get much easier then adjusting a SMT-6 or a data logged HP Tuners. Don't confuse can't do it with don't like doing it. I just flat out hate it...... and the vitesse software gets you sooooo close that I'm willing to sacrafice a slight hp gain.

Back in 2003 or so I was talking with Steve R about buying his complete chip inventory (burners, maps, chips) and essentially taking over his product. The more I talked with him about it the more anxiety I got over it to where I was stressed out just thinking about doing it.

I've spent many hours tuning cars and I can't recall a minute of it that I considered it to be enjoyable. Setting up the map, tuning it so it'll get out of the garage ,driving...logging...tweaking...driving...logging...tweaking...driving.. .logging...tweaking...driving...logging...tweaking...driving...logging.. .tweaking... It drives me nuts. I've had a 02 Sensor code tripping in my Vette for 6 months now beause I refuse to go into HP tuners and turn off the rear 02 sensors. Usually now when I have to do it I get someone else to drive and I sit as a passenger to make adjustments. It's odd, I know...but everyone has their quirks. Don't get me started on R&P swaps.......
Old 08-21-2009, 05:31 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 944obscene
I'm the same way! And I'm 22! I grew up working on a carbureted Elcamino with a cammed/supercharged small block. My idea of tuning involved adjusting float and set screws on the bowls!!! My idea of ignition tuning is loosening the distributor and turning it a few degrees to see if it runs better!

Since I got into modern cars, I've had to learn about lambda values, ignition tables and fuel maps. This is next-level rediculous! Base maps, on-the-go tuning. Electronic piggy backs. It's been a learning process for about 5 years now. I'm still clueles on most interfaces. I want to be more involved with it, but I HATE the idea of going into a computer program and messing with the way to ecu/pcm/dme thinks.

BTW. **** surfing is much easier than studying VE tables!
The thought if tuning carbs pisses me off..... Carbs suck! EFI all the way!!
Old 08-21-2009, 06:02 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

It's not that it's not user friendly enough...... You can't get much easier then adjusting a SMT-6 or a data logged HP Tuners. Don't confuse can't do it with don't like doing it. I just flat out hate it...... and the vitesse software gets you sooooo close that I'm willing to sacrafice a slight hp gain.

Back in 2003 or so I was talking with Steve R about buying his complete chip inventory (burners, maps, chips) and essentially taking over his product. The more I talked with him about it the more anxiety I got over it to where I was stressed out just thinking about doing it.

I've spent many hours tuning cars and I can't recall a minute of it that I considered it to be enjoyable. Setting up the map, tuning it so it'll get out of the garage ,driving...logging...tweaking...driving...logging...tweaking...driving.. .logging...tweaking...driving...logging...tweaking...driving...logging.. .tweaking... It drives me nuts. I've had a 02 Sensor code tripping in my Vette for 6 months now beause I refuse to go into HP tuners and turn off the rear 02 sensors. Usually now when I have to do it I get someone else to drive and I sit as a passenger to make adjustments. It's odd, I know...but everyone has their quirks. Don't get me started on R&P swaps.......
blah, blah, blah.. stay on topic please.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:20 AM
spoolin51
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by DDP
Amen, brother. Asian for the win.

(this is spoolin on DDP's computer)
You bastard....
better check authenticity on those Benjamins next time

Quick Reply: CEP Fuel Rail....A Bit Disappointed.......