944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Drove a Boxster S the other day.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009 | 04:01 PM
brrgrr
Racer

Default Drove a Boxster S the other day.....

I have to say, I was impressed, quick off the line, nice engine sound / exhaust burble. Soaked up the bumps but still handled really well. The power kinda flattened out above 4500 rpm, but it had great mid range torque. I could deal with it if I had to. I've seen several in the low teens..... pretty tempting !
Old 08-17-2009 | 04:11 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

But they just look so.......

Funny story though..... a few weeks ago my wife and I were out on our Sunday bike ride and we came up to a guy at a red light in a boxter with temp tags. I looked at my wife and loudly said....."hey honey, check out the new Miata we should get you one". He looked over pretty quickly and reminded me "This is a PORSHA, not a Miata" with a pissed off look on his face. I responded "really ?? I'm sorry.... cute car though".......

The Cayman on the otherhand wouldn't get kicked out of the garage......
Old 08-17-2009 | 04:25 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Jeremy Himsel

Funny story though..... a few weeks ago my wife and I were out on our Sunday bike ride and we came up to a guy at a red light in a boxter with temp tags. I looked at my wife and loudly said....."hey honey, check out the new Miata we should get you one". He looked over pretty quickly and reminded me "This is a PORSHA, not a Miata" with a pissed off look on his face. I responded "really ?? I'm sorry.... cute car though".......

Almost sad to say, but you know it is bad when a 944 owner can dog on ya...

"new Miata".... I love it...
Old 08-17-2009 | 04:27 PM
brrgrr
Racer

At least he said Porsche right. They do fall into the "cute chick car" catagory and after reading about various engine problems, I think I'll just stay put, I've got a keeper.
Old 08-17-2009 | 05:09 PM
quinnfiske
Pro

I got to drive a Cayman S with the new PDK gearbox around a rainy autocross course. I really liked it. I found the gearbox a bit distracting to use, but that would go away with a few miles. Other than that, it was fast, handled well and the brakes were good. The sobering fact is that it cost nearly 9 times the value of many of our 951's and that will keep me away until that changes.
Old 08-17-2009 | 09:17 PM
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jeremy Himsel

Too funny!!!!!
Old 08-18-2009 | 06:38 AM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

The Boxster is no doubt a good car, but as looks go I think an English automotive journalist put it best by saying it's "the Porsche you don't know whether it's coming or it's going."

Quick Reply: Drove a Boxster S the other day.....