Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hans, which side mirrors are you using?
Old 07-24-2009, 03:59 AM
HansB
Pro

Thx for all your kind remarks.

There was quite a bit of damage, but nothing too structural. Most of the hit was taken by the subframe. And a lot of the GF/carbon parts were gone

The subframe we have made precisely for this kind of accident did its job rather well: It was destroyed, some of the expensive parts like the custom intercooler survived

The cooling tubing was also gone, for the last time, we replaced it now by silicone hoses.

Items like the air filter, intercoloer pipes, oil cooler, oil lines were gone, but that is almost unavoidable

After 2 hours the car was completly stripped.

Front suspension survived with the exception of one steering rod.

Only disappointment was that the subframe-chassis pickup points were damaged, the subframe was too strong there. In the new version we made that a bit weaker.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:12 AM
HansB
Pro

Originally Posted by 333pg333
That's great news Hans. Glad to hear that there wasn't any major damage. Did you do any further changes in the off season?
Off season I have put a fuel cell in. The car now pulls over 1.5 g on a nice day, and I kept getting problems with fuel spill

Originally Posted by Luis de Prat
Looking good! You should put a counter in your signature with the number of hours invested in that car.

Originally Posted by 333pg333
What doors are you using there?
The doors are GF/Kevlar, very light and strong. Own development from scratch. $$$.

Originally Posted by DanR
hans, which side mirrors are you using?
These are from PEFA (German) and if someone would measure them, illegal because the surface is a bit too small. Very good for close racing though!

Originally Posted by spoolin51
Is that gt racing front fenders?
Own adaption, based in the GTs stuff.

Originally Posted by smlporsche
how about some info on the rear wing!
I love it and would love to stick on on my car
Own development, based on a GT3 airfoil. Kokeln has a similar setup.

All of these are products that we have developed ourselves over the years are available. If you are interested PM me.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:24 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

So I guess it's a compromise between building some frame that is super strong / heavy but doesn't have sufficient crumplezoneability (new word). I looked at the first pic and saw the i/c tube at such a strange angle and wondered what was going on until I scrolled further down. Indeed you were lucky that more of the engine didn't suffer due to impact Hans.

So what suspension setup are you running?

....so how about that video sometime....?????
Old 07-24-2009, 03:41 PM
HansB
Pro

The suspension is from a Dutch vendor, Intrax double adjustable. My car was the first 944 that they built it for, and it was a custom built at the time

Now it is a standard product available through LR.

After the last race that we won, the owner came to me with a proposition to upgrade it to the top of the line product. We are considering comparing it back to back during two days we organise in Francorchamps, in october.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:58 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Will that be the 4 way adj Hans? I've heard good things about the Intrax. 4 way adj would spook me though.

Quick Reply: Just finished rebuilding my car - again