Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Dyno failure....

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 09:24 PM
billthe3
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gt37vgt
but surely the rubber ones are just rubber coated and have a solid flange inside ??..
Its not that simple see as as the G's on it increase its not the clear if strenth of mass it the cause the drama .. ..
an 18" wheel would have the valve stem spinng a 8 " radius mmm how many G is that ??
I would prefer radal mount ones to ones at 45 degrees.. that way they are pushed back in to the rim ..
The rubber ones we use at the shop I work at (lots of lotus wheels) are all rubber, except for where the metal threads for the cap and valve are at the outer tip. It only takes a little amount of lubricant to pull the rubber ones through the wheel to mount them, and a quick cut of a razor blade to remove them.

I have to say I'm loving the fact that my BBS wheels have metal stems. I never have to check the air pressure on my tires - they hold pressure perfectly. Its gotten to the point where I check the pressure every couple of months and it never changed for the two years I've been checking.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:59 PM
willtel
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think doing dyno pulls on a 930 in 4th gear is a very good idea. 4th is an overdrive (as is 3rd) but 3rd is much closer to a 1:1 ratio, the wheel speed is also lower in 3rd and therefore safer.

Stock 930s had valve stem supports on the Fuchs to prevent this from happening.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:43 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by willtel
I don't think doing dyno pulls on a 930 in 4th gear is a very good idea. 4th is an overdrive (as is 3rd) but 3rd is much closer to a 1:1 ratio, the wheel speed is also lower in 3rd and therefore safer.

Stock 930s had valve stem supports on the Fuchs to prevent this from happening.
I didn't like the 4th gear idea much...the dyno operator made the call.

Quick Reply: Dyno failure....