Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

dont you just love your friends who dont know anything

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009 | 10:14 PM
VOoDOoGTX
Drifting

Default dont you just love your friends who dont know anything

a few of my friends that dont know **** about cars called me today complaining one of there E30's that they are fixing too sell was bucking when it drove. So i went over expecting that tthey checked all the basics. I got there and one of the first things he asks me was "where are the spark plugs" then he points to the oil filter and says and quote him " what the f*ck is that" bacically asking me if its supose to be there. haha changed the spark plugs and the front wheel bearings in about a hour and a half.
Old 07-03-2009 | 10:33 PM
quinnfiske
Pro

Sound like their business venture is going to be a bit of a struggle.
Old 07-03-2009 | 10:33 PM
Andy1212
Burning Brakes

Ha every kid i know that owns an E30 is a complete poser. I spent hours figuring out a completely hacked wiring harness from when the kid installed the stereo.
Old 07-03-2009 | 11:17 PM
quinnfiske
Pro

I had an E30 Cabrio some years ago. It was a very nice car. Not a screamer like a 951 but a very pleasant ride. They have since fallen in price to a level where lots of inexperienced people can buy them. That is a good thing. Maybe after they figure out where the spark plugs are they will start to uncover the joys of Motronic systems. Good car to get started with.
Old 07-03-2009 | 11:21 PM
Spidey944
Rennlist Member

Bosch fuel management FTW!
Old 07-04-2009 | 01:50 AM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

I hate people that can sign checks but can hardly pop the hood on their car.

Whatever happened to being "manly" anymore? If you can't even change the oil in your own car, you are not a man. You have a vagina. I have many friends like that. Friends that have cars they think are so badass (motor swapped hondas and acuras) and they complain about how things are hard to do on their car or costs a lot. I laugh at them.

And no...none of these cars could even hold a prayer to my bone stock 951...yet to them, their cars are fast. What's funny...is when I whoop their ***, they immediately call my car a piece of ****, when there's looks like something found on pimp my ride. Or they result to saying "my buddies car will dust this".

I don't actually live in Kansas city. So any car these people see in our town that looks or sounds fast...has to be. And they're hondas rule
all. They have never seen truly fast cars. Highest horse car most of them have seen is 3XXwhp or so. It's sad.
Old 07-04-2009 | 02:24 AM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

I had never even changed my own oil when I bought my first 951 (16-17years old), but it's in my blood... I couldn't leave it alone.
Old 07-04-2009 | 03:27 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Ha every kid i know that owns an E30 is a complete poser

I bought my first E30 new back in 1989, Second one also new 1990 (moved from 4 to 6 cyl world) and then third in 1993 a used one; built my first house during that time and i was forced to go older car.After that a VW period which ended 10 years ago when i bought my 951.
Bought my 4th E30 two years ago. It's my daily driver and i got it for 100€. Runs great, car has 380Kkms on it. So far i have changed one front wheel bearing and alternation. I only drive daily about 5km's, so it fit my purpose just great.
Old 07-04-2009 | 06:42 AM
Andy1212
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Olli Snellman

I bought my first E30 new back in 1989, Second one also new 1990 (moved from 4 to 6 cyl world) and then third in 1993 a used one; built my first house during that time and i was forced to go older car.After that a VW period which ended 10 years ago when i bought my 951.
Bought my 4th E30 two years ago. It's my daily driver and i got it for 100€. Runs great, car has 380Kkms on it. So far i have changed one front wheel bearing and alternation. I only drive daily about 5km's, so it fit my purpose just great.
Well thats a little different lol. Dont get me wrong, they're great cars, i love them. Just every kid i know that owns an e30 thinks they have the fastest car in the world, and think that they would look really cool with lots of neon lights, just like in the fast and furious!
Old 07-04-2009 | 03:02 PM
944obscene
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by CarbonRevo
I hate people that can sign checks but can hardly pop the hood on their car.

Whatever happened to being "manly" anymore? If you can't even change the oil in your own car, you are not a man. You have a vagina. I have many friends like that. Friends that have cars they think are so badass (motor swapped hondas and acuras) and they complain about how things are hard to do on their car or costs a lot. I laugh at them.

And no...none of these cars could even hold a prayer to my bone stock 951...yet to them, their cars are fast. What's funny...is when I whoop their ***, they immediately call my car a piece of ****, when there's looks like something found on pimp my ride. Or they result to saying "my buddies car will dust this".

I don't actually live in Kansas city. So any car these people see in our town that looks or sounds fast...has to be. And they're hondas rule
all. They have never seen truly fast cars. Highest horse car most of them have seen is 3XXwhp or so. It's sad.
Funny, I ran into a group of Honda boi's at a DIY car wash last weekend. It was like 2 in the A.M. and I was feeling lazy. I pull in and they all stare at me as I wash the 951. There was one car with dance music playing and they were all standing around like they were filming another Fast and Furious movie. My friend riding with me goes to talk to them and the next thing I know, I have a guy with a hatch wanting a line up.

I was feeling adventurous so I said, "Yeah, why not." He wouldn't say what he had done (don't like hearing that), but as it turns out, it was a SUPER CLEAN K swapped EK and the thing had nearly every bolt-on available, along with a K-pro tune. Cherry Red with White wheels. Neat little carbon splitter and duck-bill spoiler. Not really ricey, to be honest!

We did our thing on and I left him behind (but that Civic was quick!). Afterwards all the guys said I could hang out with them any time. They were cool as heck. Just thought it was funny that my experience with those types was completely different.
Old 07-04-2009 | 03:50 PM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

I used to work with a couple honda guys, most of them were in their 30's and not the FF types at all.
Old 07-04-2009 | 04:06 PM
spoolin51
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 944obscene
Funny, I ran into a group of Honda boi's at a DIY car wash last weekend. It was like 2 in the A.M. and I was feeling lazy. I pull in and they all stare at me as I wash the 951. There was one car with dance music playing and they were all standing around like they were filming another Fast and Furious movie. My friend riding with me goes to talk to them and the next thing I know, I have a guy with a hatch wanting a line up.

I was feeling adventurous so I said, "Yeah, why not." He wouldn't say what he had done (don't like hearing that), but as it turns out, it was a SUPER CLEAN K swapped EK and the thing had nearly every bolt-on available, along with a K-pro tune. Cherry Red with White wheels. Neat little carbon splitter and duck-bill spoiler. Not really ricey, to be honest!

We did our thing on and I left him behind (but that Civic was quick!). Afterwards all the guys said I could hang out with them any time. They were cool as heck. Just thought it was funny that my experience with those types was completely different.
What all is done to your ride and how much power you pushin?
Old 07-04-2009 | 04:25 PM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

You have to have some stuff done to your 951 or I'll kind of think that race is iffy. There's one Honda in town my stock 951 had a problem gettin away from. It was a H22 swapped EG hatch. White with black roof and duckbill, red 15" rota wheels, lowered, splitter. It's the only Honda in town I'd like to have. It's clean compared to others, but I always dream of what it could be if I owned it. Anyways...we've done digs before and that little car can stay within a car length of my 951 to beyond 150mph. From a 20 roll, me brake boosting...it's hardly a race. I have however, done digs with the same car and had it 2-3 cars ahead at 80-100 and by 140mph I wad at his door. It's a quick little car no doubt. Makes 170whp, but weighs 2100lbs. My car put down 240whp and 3000lbs.

It's funny, our town does the SAME thing. Hang out at the local car wash all night. I used to be cool with everyone and everyone would want to talk to me (it was like I was a celebrity). Then I went and screwed a buddies girlfriend and it all went downhill after that lol. Needless to say, I don't hang around the crowd anymore.

Some hondas can be quick, no doubt. But 99.99% of them aren't done right or clean at all. I'll be the first to admit, I'd love to have a built B18 EG hatch. 3-400whp in that little car would be downright scary. Wouldn't trade my 951 for one though. 951's are a subtle fast. It doesn't feel like your going as fast as you really are at 150. 150 in that little EG hatch had me scared ****less. The shifts in that car were also harsh as can be. It'd pull after each shift hard.

It's just there are so few nicely done hondas worth appreciating...
Old 07-04-2009 | 05:33 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Some real nice stories coming out of this thread lol.
I like how it's gone from some guy not knowing what an oil filter is to Cory screwing his buddies gf. haha
Gotta love the internet.
Old 07-04-2009 | 05:41 PM
944obscene
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by spoolin51
What all is done to your ride and how much power you pushin?
Well other than the Lindsey 3 inch exhaust, I don't KNOW of any other modifications. The DME/KLR have possibly been messed with. When I say I left him behind let me clarify. It was still pretty close, hense my reference to the hatch being really quick. I ended out a few cars ahead though.

I haven't cracked into the DME myself to see if my chips are stock.

Quick Reply: dont you just love your friends who dont know anything