Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Were you successful? Removing Allen Ref Sensor Bolts Engine IN Car

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 12:12 AM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock
I went through this with my first N/a. The speed sensor was hit by a piece of rubber clutch material, causing it to bend inside the bracket, making it impossible to get out. I ended up breaking the bracket off and i think a new sensor bracket was like 36 dollars from the dealership.

That 3rd sensor is for a sensor that is strictly for diagnostic purposes used by the dealerships. IIRC they hook up some sort of stethoscope to it or something. It doesnt need to be there.
gotcha. I could probably just reuse my bracket since all that broke off was the end with the smaller sensor.

You don't even want to know what happened to the block though. The pivot sleeve that the bracket pivots on, actually busted out the corner of the mount on the block. luckily half the circle is still there and there is still at least a quarter inch of solid mount left for the bolt to thread into, so itll still work.. but this would only happen to me. Cross your fingers for me.

Oh, and at least I remembered to block off the bellhousing hole. that didn't happen to me!
Old 06-18-2009, 10:21 AM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The third sensor is a top dead center sensor for an old piece of diagnostic/test equipment thats no longer used. You can get rid of it if you want, or cut the wire and put the sensor back in to block the hole.

Quick Reply: Were you successful? Removing Allen Ref Sensor Bolts Engine IN Car