Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

SRP Pedals - Updated Product Options 944 Turbo and Turbo-S

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 08:18 PM
pedalpusher
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VWaddict
Does the trim ring apply also to other makes... (Audi Specifically)... and also the discount???

Keith
The discount can be used for any type of pedal on our site.

The Trim Ring option and the Grid on the gas pedal and/or footrest can be done on any of our pedals for no extra charge, but you have to order the Grid set.

Ordering is not quite as simple as I would like. You have to put the pedals you want, with the surface finish you want (such as Grid), in the cart first. Then you add the options to the cart. The options can be found in the link below.
http://www.srpracing.com/cat-pedal-options.cfm

Hopefully this makes sense.

Brian
Old 07-08-2009, 06:06 PM
pedalpusher
Former Vendor

Lotus Esprit Grid pedals with the Trim Ring and Grid on the gas.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:53 PM
pedalpusher
Former Vendor

Mini Grid Pedals with the Trim Ring and Grid on the gas and footrest. I have been working on making the Grid machining on the gas pedal not as grippy as the brake and clutch. These pedals have flat-top grid machining on the gas pedal, versus the pointy topped grids on the brake and clutch.

Old 07-18-2009, 03:31 AM
IanM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They look great. Just to throw my $0.02 in, I'd recommend fabricating the brake pedal cover with a downward lip on the gas pedal (right) side. This keeps the left side of your foot from accidentally wedging under the brake pedal when you're wearing wide shoes. Ask me how I know...

I'm now running OMP pedal covers, which have that lip on the brake pedal that I'm referring to.

http://ep.yimg.com/ip/I/yhst-6399946...3_2057_5780973
Old 07-18-2009, 08:37 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by IanM
They look great. Just to throw my $0.02 in, I'd recommend fabricating the brake pedal cover with a downward lip on the gas pedal (right) side. This keeps the left side of your foot from accidentally wedging under the brake pedal when you're wearing wide shoes. Ask me how I know...

I'm now running OMP pedal covers, which have that lip on the brake pedal that I'm referring to.

I have to agree. I have the same problem happen as well. It is NOT fun! The pucker factor can get a bit extreme. Our pedals are pretty bad, in this regard, IMHO.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:57 PM
pedalpusher
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by IanM

Originally Posted by ehall
I have to agree. I have the same problem happen as well. It is NOT fun! The pucker factor can get a bit extreme. Our pedals are pretty bad, in this regard, IMHO.
Are you both saying the factory pedals are bad for this? Our brake and clutch are very similar to the size of the factory rubber covers. If you aren't having trouble with the factory pedals, you won't have problems with ours either.

If you do have trouble with the factory pedals then ours won't change that. If more people request it, I might have to look into putting a flange on the brake pedal.

Also, another thought, on every car I've had I needed to raise the brake pedal in relation to the gas pedal for heel toe (very easy to do with spacers with our pedals). Since I've been on Rennlist, all I've heard is the opposite, that the gas pedal needed to be raised for heel toe. Maybe just spacing the gas pedal up a little might keep your foot from being able to go under the brake pedal, as well as offer better positioning for heel toe.

Brian
Old 07-20-2009, 02:25 AM
IanM
Burning Brakes

Yes, it was with factory pedals that I had my incident. It was stupid, absolutely my own fault. I was wearing wide clunky shoes (semi-casual leather shoes with rubber soles). I was getting on the gas pedal coming out of a corner and the left side of my right foot got tucked underneath the brake pedal. In an effort to pull my foot out, the right side of my foot rotated down and I ended up giving it more gas. Back end broke loose and I ended up doing a 180 in a very bad spot (I was heading onto a busy bridge at the time). It all transpired in milliseconds. It took me awhile afterwards to even figure out what had happened. Anyways, after that I bought those OMP pedal covers specifically because of that lip on the brake pedal. I would highly recommend this addition, it provides an extra dimension of safety for the driver. I'm also now very particular about what shoes I wear while driving my 951, but even with wide shoes my OMP pedals would not allow this same thing to happen.

BTW, your pedals do look fantastic. Best of luck.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:06 PM
pedalpusher
Former Vendor

Pedals with the updated Grid machining on the gas pedal. The pedals match very nice, but the gas pedal has far less grip than the brake pedal, allowing your foot to slide across it properly.

Old 07-28-2009, 08:26 PM
pedalpusher
Former Vendor

Black Grid with the Trim Ring and Grid on Gas and Footrest options.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:33 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Now THAT is SWEET! ^^^^^^^^^^^
How much for that set?
Old 07-29-2009, 01:02 AM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, THOSE ARE SICK!

How much.....and where to pay....and can I have them yesterday?
Old 07-29-2009, 01:02 AM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, THOSE ARE SICK!

How much.....and where to pay....and can I have them yesterday?
Old 07-29-2009, 01:13 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I thought you were selling the car?
Old 07-29-2009, 01:05 PM
clangjr
Racer

Originally Posted by ehall
Now THAT is SWEET! ^^^^^^^^^^^
How much for that set?
I want to know the same thing.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:06 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Ditto. How do I order the silver as in the last pic series?

Quick Reply: SRP Pedals - Updated Product Options 944 Turbo and Turbo-S