Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Buzzing noise in Dash?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 10:27 PM
adrian1
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buzzing noise in Dash?

While driving I have a buzzing noise coming from the dash by the gauges. It goes on and off. What could it be?
Old 05-03-2009, 10:52 PM
CurtP
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Something loose.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:19 AM
adrian1
Rennlist Member

Sounds electrical. I was wonderin g If someone had a similiar problem to see i can go right for it.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:18 AM
xtaC
Racer

I have a really annoying buzzing noise in my dash whenever mines on boost
Old 05-05-2009, 08:49 AM
CurtP
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

You were quite vague with your initial post and really it's hard to tell. So far I've had rattles/buzzing from: loose dash (missing upper screws, loose center support), air plenum (missing nuts that hold it to the firewall), loose cruise control module, broken trim, plastic electrical connectors resting against something hard, gauge cluster loose (missing one screw too)...but no electrical buzzing.

Can you replicate the noise or is it random? Does it do it at idle? What kind of electrical buzz (high tension, buzzing relay, speaker buzz from the radio, etc)? With it running, pull the fuse box cover and listen to see if there's any unusual noises coming from any of the relays. Are there any issues other than it being annoying?
Old 05-06-2009, 01:21 AM
adrian1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CurtP
You were quite vague with your initial post and really it's hard to tell. So far I've had rattles/buzzing from: loose dash (missing upper screws, loose center support), air plenum (missing nuts that hold it to the firewall), loose cruise control module, broken trim, plastic electrical connectors resting against something hard, gauge cluster loose (missing one screw too)...but no electrical buzzing.

Can you replicate the noise or is it random? Does it do it at idle? What kind of electrical buzz (high tension, buzzing relay, speaker buzz from the radio, etc)? With it running, pull the fuse box cover and listen to see if there's any unusual noises coming from any of the relays. Are there any issues other than it being annoying?
Sorry about my first post being so vague, I only get a chance to go on late when I get home.

Its like a buzzing relay or something, not speaker or anything. I noticed the ding relay sounds like its going to give, like the battery was almost dead but I think that has nothing to do with it. Its seems to come and go anytime, while idling and driving.

Quick Reply: Buzzing noise in Dash?