Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

WTB seats/carpet

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009 | 12:07 AM
notthd
Rennlist Member

John

You are going to love those seats not to mention they will cut your weight by some 40+ lbs. I was suprised just how heavy the stock 6 ways are. My Corbeaus have been recovered in leatherette to match the interior and look closer to OEM. The pic is the only one I have but you can see what they came out like. If you ever get the urge to match the interior exactly it can be done.

Cheers, Mike

Old 05-07-2009 | 01:10 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by notthd
John

You are going to love those seats not to mention they will cut your weight by some 40+ lbs. I was suprised just how heavy the stock 6 ways are. My Corbeaus have been recovered in leatherette to match the interior and look closer to OEM. The pic is the only one I have but you can see what they came out like. If you ever get the urge to match the interior exactly it can be done.

Cheers, Mike
Thanks. Yup those are the same ones. I'm having my recovered in black swede. I was going to have them stitch them in red but, he said that would take about 4 weeks extra and honestly I just couldn't wait. I've been trying to locate seats for over a month and have had several threads up. You wouldn't think seats would be THAT hard to find but, I guess they are. So I just gave up and bought these.

I hope I like them. They aren't the carbon GT3's I really want but, they will do for now I think. Besides it was only $1187.00 shipped! Not bad for two brand new seats with full hardware. I will post pics when they arrive. Nate said they will be direct bolt in with the hardware supplied so lets hope thats the case. We all know im not a mechanic.
Old 05-07-2009 | 04:05 AM
notthd
Rennlist Member

If you were looking for tan I could of helped you, I have a set when I replaced them with these. I would of liked the gt3s also but found it hard to come off the $$$$ Hell the seats and wheels would almost add up to blue book value

Mine bolted right in so I think you are OK- I'm guessing the all thumbs was a joke judging by your avitar. If I remember right your car is a 951 with a hybrid 968 rear right? how did you pull that off- I did not think they were swapable without taillight sheet metal work. Either way it looks great.

Cheers, Mike (I see you don't sleep either)
Old 05-07-2009 | 04:28 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

I would of liked the gt3s also but found it hard to come off the $$$$ Hell the seats and wheels would almost add up to blue book value
I know. Its quite funny how much money we dump into a car that really isn't worth much. I find two kinds of 951 owners. Ones with little to zero money in theirs and others with piles of receipts that they try and not think about.
Mine bolted right in so I think you are OK- I'm guessing the all thumbs was a joke judging by your avitar. If I remember right your car is a 951 with a hybrid 968 rear right? how did you pull that off- I did not think they were swapable without taillight sheet metal work. Either way it looks great.

Cheers, Mike (I see you don't sleep either)
They aren't without alot of work. I accomplished that with my check book. Not my thumbs. It works out real well. I write the check the other guy does what I say. Glad to hear I shouldn't have any problems with the seat. The wife saw pelican, 944online, Lindsey, Corbeau, Jager Engineering totals on the table for this week. I had some other stuff planned but, I think i'll lay low for awhile take her out to a nice dinner.

Its only fair right
Old 05-07-2009 | 04:35 AM
notthd
Rennlist Member

Agreed on all points- hey the wife to dinner thing sounds like a great idea, I am overdue to take her someplace nice myself.
Old 05-07-2009 | 04:51 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Agreed on all points- hey the wife to dinner thing sounds like a great idea, I am overdue to take her someplace nice myself.
Only right. She's really into cars too. All I got was "well, atleast this means your done searching". hellva women.

Now if Mark will hurry up with my damn TRS wing I'll be happy
Old 05-07-2009 | 10:16 PM
Dougs951
Race Car

I can't wait for pictures of them installed!

These are the same seats I plan to buy this summer some time, whenever the money tree comes up.
Old 05-08-2009 | 12:06 AM
Van
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
They aren't the carbon GT3's I really want but, they will do for now I think.
I think you'll be happy with them, John. It's an upgrade from what you have!

Quick Reply: WTB seats/carpet