Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Boost Enhancer

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 12:22 PM
OntarioTurbo
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Boost Enhancer

Just installed a used Lindsey Racing boost enhancer. My 951 is totally stock so I checked with Mike Lindsey on the adjustment of the unit to ensure it was indeed set at the stock setting. I definately feel there is more boost sooner but it feels a little more like an on/off switch instead of building steadily as before. Factory boost gauge goes hard over until just over 5000 rpm and then backs off slightly as redline is approached. What my actual boost pressure is I don't know. I think I will need an aftermarket gauge to see that.
For others that have tried the boost enhancer;
1. Are you happy with the results?
2. Did you leave it on or return to stock?
3. Do you feel it could, or has, contributed to any engine damage (head gaskets etc.)?
Interested in any experiences you are willing to share.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:49 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As long as there aren't many threads showing(meaing you are running close to stock boost levels). You will be just fine. The LR boost enhancer won't hurt your engine at all. I ran mine for awhile before I really starting modding it. Like most things with these cars if you buy good parts and have a problem down the road with it most often its because of something else wrong with the car that the added stress helps to surface.

Make sure your belts are good, waterpump, seals, etc. You shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Quick Reply: Boost Enhancer