Design your own Dual Spring-Rate Coilovers - Page 4 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Design your own Dual Spring-Rate Coilovers

Old 06-22-2014, 09:48 AM
Van
Addict
Rennlist Member

750# spring isn't that much for dual-rate. Remember, while both springs are compressing, the rate will be half.

For example, if you have two 750# springs, in one inch of compression, each spring only deflects 1/2", so the rate is only 375 lb/in.

The key is getting the tender to bottom out at the right time.

You want the low spring rate for the initial travel, but the high spring rate to reduce body roll in hard cornering.
Old 06-22-2014, 11:59 PM
ninefiveone
User

Originally Posted by Pauerman View Post
I'll PM you with my email address.
Sent!

I'd be very interested to hear what spring rates you land on. Next time I can take a look at my springs, I'll pay attention to what I've actually got on there.

And, ah yes, the 7" stroke is why I didn't do this in the rear.

I have a high main-only spring rate, but the combo is right around 250, and feels great on the street. Again, I'm reconstructing from my very leaky memory but I think one of the reasons my main spring is 750, is that the tender was rising rate to ~650, and I wanted to be sure the tender would bottom out, and leave me with just the higher rate main spring at full cornering.

Report back!
Old 02-09-2019, 12:14 PM
944alpha
New User

Incredible thread! I must have read 4 or 5 times over now.

I'm new here and apologize for digging this old thread up, but was hoping someone has a copy of Trucho's spreadsheet. ninefiveone

I would really love to have a play with the spreadsheet, especially knowing the real world results have been so successful.

Cheers
Old 02-09-2019, 10:19 PM
951and944S
Super User

Originally Posted by 944alpha View Post
Incredible thread! I must have read 4 or 5 times over now.

I'm new here and apologize for digging this old thread up, but was hoping someone has a copy of Trucho's spreadsheet. ninefiveone

I would really love to have a play with the spreadsheet, especially knowing the real world results have been so successful.

Cheers
https://www.hypercoils.com/wp-conten...ate_slides.pdf

T
Old 02-09-2019, 11:12 PM
944alpha
New User

Thanks, although that is a completely different style of stacked spring and does not come close Trucho's spreadsheet as overall setup tool.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:12 AM
951and944S
Super User

Originally Posted by 944alpha View Post
Thanks, although that is a completely different style of stacked spring and does not come close Trucho's spreadsheet as overall setup tool.
Sorry, must be my dyslexia, I thought your user name said alpha.

T
Old 02-10-2019, 01:10 AM
944alpha
New User

Originally Posted by 951and944S View Post
Sorry, must be my dyslexia, I thought your user name said alpha.

T
I'm not sure how my username is tied to wanting to obtain this most excellent source of information that Trucho put a lot of time and effort into. You have your wires crossed, clearly.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Design your own Dual Spring-Rate Coilovers

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: