Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

My weekend in P-Car ownership....

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 01:16 PM
Dougs951
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey I'd be willing to buy a kit depending on cost.

Just an FYI our advertising bill for the months of April. May and June total ~$3000 for our nursery.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:24 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mark944na86
Also, is there a problem with the brightness/angle of the 100w fog beam with oncoming drivers? Obviously it's not a viable solution if it's the equivalent of driving around on high-beam all the time...
The aim point of the 100W is below the high beam, roughly where the low beams peter out... I have driven on just the 100W and haven't had any complaints...

Originally Posted by Dougs951
Hey I'd be willing to buy a kit depending on cost.

Just an FYI our advertising bill for the months of April. May and June total ~$3000 for our nursery.
I'w working on it, I have MOST of the supplies, and just got a new Quote from IB for the sponsorship, I am thinking I will give it a test run of 6 months and see what happens... Now all I need is my wife to heal up so I can dedicate more time to what's really important (can you feel the cynicism?).. Keep an eye out, I am also working on a few other ideas... I will make a site, an work on getting it all together ASAP...

Would the interest be for a complete kit including the lights, or just the harness? OR I could offer both... Ala cart...

Has anyone else noticed it seems the suppliers for parts on our cars seem to be trimming down their stock... I used to get everything within a week or less... I have had 3 orders now running into their third week...
Old 04-14-2009, 02:23 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by JohnKoaWood
The aim point of the 100W is below the high beam, roughly where the low beams peter out... I have driven on just the 100W and haven't had any complaints...

I'w working on it, I have MOST of the supplies, and just got a new Quote from IB for the sponsorship, I am thinking I will give it a test run of 6 months and see what happens... Now all I need is my wife to heal up so I can dedicate more time to what's really important (can you feel the cynicism?).. Keep an eye out, I am also working on a few other ideas... I will make a site, an work on getting it all together ASAP...

Would the interest be for a complete kit including the lights, or just the harness? OR I could offer both... Ala cart...

Has anyone else noticed it seems the suppliers for parts on our cars seem to be trimming down their stock... I used to get everything within a week or less... I have had 3 orders now running into their third week...
I'd be interested in a complete kit with needed install instructions.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:53 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
I'd be interested in a complete kit with needed install instructions.
I used to be a tech writer for DOD contractor so Install instructions would of course be included.... More to come, hopefully soon...
Old 04-14-2009, 04:21 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnKoaWood
OK, yesterday the wife was feeling Ill, so I took advantage of the time yesterday afternoon to polish her up, and wrap up an effort...
I'm still wondering why you polished your wife up? Especially when she wasn't feeling so good...

Nice job by the way.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:15 PM
Dougs951
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd be interested in a kit as well as some Ala cart items.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:36 AM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 333pg333
I'm still wondering why you polished your wife up? Especially when she wasn't feeling so good...

Nice job by the way.
She has been looking rough since... but the car is just sitting there waiting, wanting, finally quit leaking though (coolant finally drained to below the broken hose..)

HOPEFUL for this weekend, to back in the boost again.. if the weather holds out, and the wife isn't back in the hospital...and, and, and, I love my life....
Old 04-15-2009, 02:09 PM
adrian1
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this like the same thing paragon sells as a kit with the 100w and 55w euro foglight kit? And then they also have the e-code low high beam lights as well? Just wondering what the difference there is here.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:48 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by adrian1
Is this like the same thing paragon sells as a kit with the 100w and 55w euro foglight kit? And then they also have the e-code low high beam lights as well? Just wondering what the difference there is here.
I started with the Paragon kit, but didn't like the prospect of cutting the factory headlight harness apart and replacing the fuses with larger than original to handle the additional current..

So I made a plug and play harness, all new wires from the switch in dash all the way to the 100W lights, the 55W fogs work off the factory harness, and the original fuse.. The 100W euro fogs activate off the high beam momentary flash, or the dash switch with the parking lights on... Once ready for release the harness will be totally plug and play, no cutting or splicing required, using factory style connections where possible and necessary.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:54 PM
adrian1
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, thats great. If you do get a sponsership start a group buy. I would buy a kit. Just would like to know the price that it will cost. Thanks
Old 04-15-2009, 03:01 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by adrian1
Wow, thats great. If you do get a sponsership start a group buy. I would buy a kit. Just would like to know the price that it will cost. Thanks
Just working out the last few speed bumps and distractions... I will be getting the Sponsorship, and Launching a site, and a few other things I am working to pull together in my spare time...
Old 04-15-2009, 09:44 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

sorry, but I HAVE TOO

JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Quick Reply: My weekend in P-Car ownership....