Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Porsche 951/2 calendar for 2010

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009 | 11:05 PM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fbgh2o
Not that I do not believe it, but this is in all practicality unenforceable... By strict interpretation they own every picture that I have ever taken of my 951, I'd like to see how that works.

Sometimes, I wish I was a lawyer just to shred stuff like this (and that indemnity clause that every big buyer puts in a contract that says its my fault as the supplier, even if the damages arise because of something they did)....
My understanding of the statement is that reproduction in any form for public consumption (for sale/for profit/not for profit) is prohibited.

You would have to direct the inquiry to PORSCHE N.A. as to the true intent.

As I said...PRINT IT ALREADY!
Old 02-23-2009 | 11:06 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You think Ford is bad, Porsche will threaten to sue you over anything that resembles one of their cars or their name. When I was at IA, we got yearly letters from Porsche stating they would take legal action if we did not change our logo (had the basic outline of a 911, with ImagineAuto under it, with no reference to Porsche at all). Legal action never came, but we got the paper like clockwork every year from their legal department...until we finally changed the logo, lol.
Old 02-24-2009 | 01:56 AM
bigdeano
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a solution...

We could vote on the pics, someone could do the graphics/artwork and be compensated for their time creating a file by being paid a small "creaters fee" by each person who wanted one after which we could be emailed the file and take it to our local print shop and have printed and bound into a calender. Or is that still illegal in some form or fashion?
Old 02-24-2009 | 02:06 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that's still illegal.
Old 02-24-2009 | 02:11 AM
bigdeano
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ehall
that's still illegal.
Damn. For a brief moment there I thought it was a pretty slick idea.

What if we use some sort of enigma code to write our posts so porsche doesn't know what we're talking about and can't find out we're paying someone for such a service/file if they were to police our posts haha....
Old 02-24-2009 | 03:12 AM
95ONE
Race Car

Or just call it Fiero kit cars that are definitely NOT Porches (Incorrect Spelling meant)

What.... do you have a better idea...
(Yeah, that's sarcastic in many ways)
Old 02-24-2009 | 01:30 PM
future
Banned

I have a solution...

We could vote on the pics, someone could do the graphics/artwork and be compensated for their time creating a file by being paid a small "creaters fee" by each person who wanted one after which we could be emailed the file and take it to our local print shop and have printed and bound into a calender. Or is that still illegal in some form or fashion?
Thanks Christopher, I am willing to propose to pay for the artwork which I will cover myself as a good will gesture to all

So rather than look at all the negative points regarding the legal aspects, let’s start to find a solution and the positive focus of doing this
Old 02-24-2009 | 01:34 PM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

Plan it by email. Make the calender. By the time anyone could ask you to cease and desist our little operation will be over.

This post will self destruct in 3 hours.
Old 02-24-2009 | 01:37 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by future
Thanks Christopher, I am willing to propose to pay for the artwork which I will cover myself as a good will gesture to all

So rather than look at all the negative points regarding the legal aspects, let’s start to find a solution and the positive focus of doing this
I'm all for it! Now let's start by getting a barrister, for your side of the pond, and a lawyer for ours. That way we might find a loophole larger than a pin head, that actually has some shot at winning in court.

I'll take some pics of mine, in the next couple of months. We're going to need to know how many pixels will be required to get the clarity needed for the pics. Anybody in the printing business> We're going to need a printer, someone to handle layout, etc., then a company to address and ship them.
Old 02-24-2009 | 02:08 PM
INURGRL951
Three Wheelin'

From: out in the sticks and flat lands of va wondering around for an open field or pavement!!!

Well no matter what don't leave out justin white turbo that to me is one of the best cars on here hope it finds a good home !!!!!!!
Old 02-24-2009 | 02:09 PM
MAGK944
Nordschleife Master

Received 298 Likes on 231 Posts

If you do it like the 944 Cup girls photoshoot, without showing any Porsche badges, you should be good.

Here you go: 944 Cup Girls Gallery

Mike
Old 02-24-2009 | 02:15 PM
future
Banned

Mike there some damn great pics mate - Not seen them before

I like the first one with the blonde with the same Enkie rims Patrick G has! I still see a few pictures with the P badge on display though!
Old 02-24-2009 | 02:35 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

I like the first one with the blonde with the same Enkie rims Patrick G has! I still see a few pictures with the P badge on display though!
Yup me too. I wonder how they got around that.
Old 02-24-2009 | 03:08 PM
MAGK944
Nordschleife Master

Received 298 Likes on 231 Posts

Admit it - you right-clicked and saved all the pics!

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
Yup me too. I wonder how they got around that.
I think the intention has to be there to be an infringement, i.e: you are intentionally using the Porsche brand/badge to promote a product/service. These pics were done in a way to not do this. Most of the pics were carefully framed to avoid any Porsche insignia and the few that show the badge were not the focus of the shot.

Mike
Old 02-24-2009 | 03:20 PM
future
Banned

Yes Justin’s car is GUARANTEED placement fittingly to the month he sells it in testament to his efforts

I'm all for it! Now let's start by getting a barrister, for your side of the pond, and a lawyer for ours. That way we might find a loophole larger than a pin head, that actually has some shot at winning in court.

I'll take some pics of mine, in the next couple of months. We're going to need to know how many pixels will be required to get the clarity needed for the pics. Anybody in the printing business> We're going to need a printer, someone to handle layout, etc., then a company to address and ship them.
LOL Elliot - Barrister don't come cheap in the UK but I'm sure we can find a way around this

And yes I will locate a quality printer in the US to avoid postage costs from the UK as most would probably go to the US anyway and as soon as I have the specs I'll post up - Will have a look at this tomorrow so we can see what all of our costs are.

I have also asked ROLEXNJ if he would consider collecting and holding everybody’s money as I think it best that a RL moderator do this if he agrees

Quick Reply: Porsche 951/2 calendar for 2010