Old 02-09-2009, 12:05 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 95ONE
But I Brought it back down to a 3" on the way out. - horsepower trick.
Can you explain the trick?

-Rogue
Old 02-09-2009, 12:08 AM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant
Can you explain the trick?

-Rogue
Im going to guess its for increasing the velocity of the gasses, since its a nice smooth transition from 3.5 to 3.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:31 AM
95ONE
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exactly. Simple velocity manifold. It's one of those, "it may make more horsepower at the top end, it may not" sort of thing. But it certainly won't hurt it. It's one of the 3-4 things I did to try and balance out my quicker boost and still maintain top end. I could give you more info, but I'd have to kill you. A different cam was needed to compliment that Downpipe. It never happened. Honestly it's one of those things people love to argue. Which is why I don't post a whole lot of the additional little stuff I do. I'm not clear what or which of the things I did helped. I never got to turn the boost to 30psi to see what my results would have been. The project took soo long to accomplish, my priorities shifted to just getting the damn thing on the track. I'm now working on the final set-up I've wanted to. So plenty of realizations or failures should come about by the end of the year.

Wasn't there an exhaust for sale on here or sumthn.?
Old 02-09-2009, 02:16 AM
spoolin51
Three Wheelin'

Exactly. Simple velocity manifold. It's one of those, "it may make more horsepower at the top end, it may not" sort of thing. But it certainly won't hurt it. It's one of the 3-4 things I did to try and balance out my quicker boost and still maintain top end. I could give you more info, but I'd have to kill you. A different cam was needed to compliment that Downpipe. It never happened. Honestly it's one of those things people love to argue. Which is why I don't post a whole lot of the additional little stuff I do. I'm not clear what or which of the things I did helped. I never got to turn the boost to 30psi to see what my results would have been. The project took soo long to accomplish, my priorities shifted to just getting the damn thing on the track. I'm now working on the final set-up I've wanted to. So plenty of realizations or failures should come about by the end of the year.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:06 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

So just to clarify, do you mean that you had it come out 3.5" but then reduced it further along to 3"? Or you took that 3.5" out and replaced the whole downpipe with a 3"? If it's the former then you will get some increased backpressure but that could possibly help spool...but then again it could hurt it. I would think you'd need a pretty decent test to find the real results?
Old 02-09-2009, 11:45 AM
95ONE
Race Car

Former. 3.5" back down.
My spool was faster than almost any 3.0 dyno graph i've seen. 127hp@3krm from a stock head/2.5 motor. Even more impressive is that turbo is 500whp capable. Of course I stopped @23psi. Max power of 416whp. I don't know if it helped or hurt in certain areas, but I was extremely happy with the whole powercurve. Keep in mind. I had a max efficiency goal set for 400whp even. This is where I wanted the power curve to live. Hence the 3" exhaust.
475whp was my high boost goal. But like I said earier, my priorities shifted to just getting to the track

Quick Reply: LR 4in exhaust for sale