Please Welcome RolexNJ as a New Moderator

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 01:40 AM
2bridges
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I 100% agree with nobody.

welcome Rob, If somebody says I did somthing they are lying

one more thing - if the 928 modrator and the 951 moderator were in an ultimate fighting match who should I bet on
Old 01-29-2009, 01:55 AM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 287 Posts

The more I think about it, this being a technical forum and all, shouldn't ROLEX be moderating the new and curiously out-of-place WATCHES forum instead?
Old 01-29-2009, 09:09 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by DFASTEST951
Uh, I'm a pretty decent sized guy but I can't armwrestle for ****, so I'm out.
Just bring some 'distractions'....yeah, that’s it, a little show to distract the opponents during the arm wrestling match...
Old 01-29-2009, 09:09 AM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2bridges
I 100% agree with nobody.

welcome Rob, If somebody says I did somthing they are lying

one more thing - if the 928 modrator and the 951 moderator were in an ultimate fighting match who should I bet on

Good question....

Attachment 332133

Last edited by CPR; 02-07-2009 at 09:55 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:47 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Coming from someone who has been a mod on multiple sites I have to say there is a balance between being part of the fun and doing your job. I will say it gets more and more difficult as time gos on and eventually you will have a situation arise that requires action and someone will get their feelings hurt because of it.

You will make new enemies because of your position. I hear what Joe and others are saying but, don't take that personal rob(I know you don't) what they are speaking more about is the position itself and what it entails.

Having a moderator here can be a good thing but, also can be a bad thing(in the past we've seen this). I think that as long as you keep a level head about the entire thing you will be okay. If you are the type to take things personal or get heated the job probably will be very difficult and trying at times.

Stay cool, remember its just another way of serving the forum you like, and be as unbiased as humanly possible and you will be just fine. Best of luck to you. Managing this crowd you've got your work cut out for you.

By the way isn't it customary for new management to buy donuts for the team? I'll take a cake donut and half a dozen donut holes.....thanks!
Old 01-29-2009, 03:06 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 2bridges
Tough call. The 928 mod would likely be way overweight, slow, a big target, well past his prime (fighting since the 70's), and over hyped by the announcers. The 951 mod would be nimble, sleek, and for most of the match the 951 mod would be far ahead. I foresee the end of the fight being caused by the 951 mod injuring himself and the 928 mod falling on top of him (in a notorious man love maneuver) and getting the tap out due to the deadly ***** bar submission. Just a guess.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:47 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jeremy Himsel
Tough call. The 928 mod would likely be way overweight, slow, a big target, well past his prime (fighting since the 70's), and over hyped by the announcers. The 951 mod would be nimble, sleek, and for most of the match the 951 mod would be far ahead. I foresee the end of the fight being caused by the 951 mod injuring himself and the 928 mod falling on top of him (in a notorious man love maneuver) and getting the tap out due to the deadly ***** bar submission. Just a guess.
You put way too much tought in to that....especailly the submission hold part!
Old 01-29-2009, 04:09 PM
2bridges
Drifting

I figured the only real risk would be if the fat kid (928) manages to fall on top of the agile (951).

I never considered the ***** bar BAAWWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Tap out with a ***** bar submission - now that was some funny **** right there!!!
Old 01-29-2009, 04:58 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

....deadly ***** bar submission. Just a guess.
Followed by a victory 'boglyft'.....?
Old 01-29-2009, 08:49 PM
MrNasty951
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats Rob I'm certain you will do a great job.

Brian
Old 01-29-2009, 09:35 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=porshhhh951;6230899]Coming from someone who has been a mod on multiple sites I have to say there is a balance between being part of the fun and doing your job. I will say it gets more and more difficult as time gos on and eventually you will have a situation arise that requires action and someone will get their feelings hurt because of it.

You will make new enemies because of your position. I hear what Joe and others are saying but, don't take that personal rob(I know you don't) what they are speaking more about is the position itself and what it entails.

Having a moderator here can be a good thing but, also can be a bad thing(in the past we've seen this). I think that as long as you keep a level head about the entire thing you will be okay. If you are the type to take things personal or get heated the job probably will be very difficult and trying at times.

Stay cool, remember its just another way of serving the forum you like, and be as unbiased as humanly possible and you will be just fine. Best of luck to you. Managing this crowd you've got your work cut out for you.QUOTE]

As paying members, I think there should be a vote or a poll. We have had bad moderators in the past and it was an act of God to get them removed. I'm not saying I don't want Rob, I'm just saying it would only be fair to let the people who paid to join this site, to have a say in who moderates it. Its easy to get a person who is biased towards members they like or Vendors they do business with.. too bad the nasty pm's that fly around here can't be modded.. perhaps a person from a different section of RL. Well, not the 928 forum but any other would do.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:04 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by evil 944t
....We have had bad moderators in the past and it was an act of God to get them removed. ....
I've been moderating this Forum since it was started. Perhaps you could tell me - exactly what Moderator was removed from this forum section?

Please be specific not ubiquitous, as I'm not aware of any "Moderator" I have removed from either 944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum nor the main 924/931/944/951/968 Forum - and I'm pretty certain I would know if I had - since the 944 "Forum" began in 1999 under WebBBS.

Have a nice evening,

John
Old 01-29-2009, 11:29 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John D.
I've been moderating this Forum since it was started. Perhaps you could tell me - exactly what Moderator was removed from this forum section?

Please be specific not ubiquitous, as I'm not aware of any "Moderator" I have removed from either 944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum nor the main 924/931/944/951/968 Forum - and I'm pretty certain I would know if I had - since the 944 "Forum" began in 1999 under WebBBS.

Have a nice evening,

John
Really? I will be glad to pm you as I'm not sure this is appropriate should I have my information wrong. Perhaps it was a rumor as to why this mod left and I'm not looking to cause any trouble.

pm sent.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:33 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

You may PM me anything you would like. I am fairly confident as to the source of my information - as it would have been "me" that would have "removed" any moderator.

My post above stands.

Have a nice evening,

John
Old 01-29-2009, 11:36 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John D.
You may PM me anything you would like. I am fairly confident as to the source of my information - as it would have been "me" that would have "removed" any moderator.

My post above stands.

Have a nice evening,

John

I'm confident your right. I must be mistaking. My appologise to the board. PM sent.

Quick Reply: Please Welcome RolexNJ as a New Moderator