Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

RECOMMENDATION: MECHANIC IN VA., HAMPTON ROADS

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 09:09 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fbgh2o
True. But think about this with two 951s in the household, the "wife appeasement factor" would need to double. That would be expensive...
It is expensive with just 1 951 and 1 N/A, can't imagine the amortization of 2 951's
Old 01-16-2009, 09:13 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnKoaWood
Richmond, there is a shop who's name I cant remember beyond the Childrens Museum on Broad St,
By beyond the Children's Museum do you mean towards Mechanicsville? If so that's probably it. I remember seeing lots of interesting cars there everytime we pass, that and smelling the Girl Scout Cookies .

CPR, yes Richmond. Again, I have no firsthand knowledge of the shop other than seeing waterpumpers there.

JohnKoa, where do you live in Richmond? I visit 1 or 2 times a year. Making plans to drive up during Mardi Gras.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:16 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by ELLSSUU
By beyond the Children's Museum do you mean towards Mechanicsville? If so that's probably it. I remember seeing lots of interesting cars there everytime we pass, that and smelling the Girl Scout Cookies .

CPR, yes Richmond. Again, I have no firsthand knowledge of the shop other than seeing waterpumpers there.

JohnKoa, where do you live in Richmond? I visit 1 or 2 times a year. Making plans to drive up during Mardi Gras.
Glen Allen actually, but run around Richmond all the time... You from up this way originally?
Old 01-16-2009, 09:19 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

On the way out to Short Pump area...
Old 01-16-2009, 09:24 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnKoaWood
Glen Allen actually, but run around Richmond all the time... You from up this way originally?
In-Laws moved there shortly before the wife and I got married. They have a horse farm on Studley. In fact we recently sent our horse up there due to the horse developing allergies to some type of weed growing here in S. Louisiana. We enjoy the area very much. Usually hit Williamsburg although I think this year we're going to take in D.C. with the kids.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:31 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

In-Laws moved there shortly before the wife and I got married. They have a horse farm on Studley. In fact we recently sent our horse up there due to the horse developing allergies to some type of weed growing here in S. Louisiana. We enjoy the area very much. Usually hit Williamsburg although I think this year we're going to take in D.C. with the kids.
Skyline Drive, make sure you do the drive, depending on the kids ages they will get a kick out of the ice on the rocks during the drive....

I have been DC'd out, we moved down here from Northern VA, been to DC more times than I can count, but fun if not going every weekend... Also if goign to DC make sure to ride out to Dulles to the Air and Space Annex... let the kids get close to an SR-71 and a Space Shuttle...
Old 01-16-2009, 10:47 PM
zainman
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what about race werks in Va Beach. I took a trip in the fall to there shop and spoke with 1 of the owners, I haven't had any work done by them but they came highly recommended from the guys at bimmerworld.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:16 PM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by zainman
what about race werks in Va Beach. I took a trip in the fall to there shop and spoke with 1 of the owners, I haven't had any work done by them but they came highly recommended from the guys at bimmerworld.
Z,
This isn't the offshoot of the old EuroSport group is it?
Old 01-17-2009, 12:05 AM
spoolin51
Three Wheelin'

Why do you need a mechanic when you have us?
Old 01-17-2009, 02:20 AM
INURGRL951
Three Wheelin'

Location: out in the sticks and flat lands of va wondering around for an open field or pavement!!!

AAAAAAAhhhhhiiiimmmmmmm!! Excuse me just clearing my throat ...I think i know someone.

costas
Old 01-17-2009, 02:25 AM
INURGRL951
Three Wheelin'

Location: out in the sticks and flat lands of va wondering around for an open field or pavement!!!

john you still need to crack into that tranny or do you have it fixed??

costas
Old 01-17-2009, 02:28 AM
INURGRL951
Three Wheelin'

The old eurosport is a bust right now and the place in yorktown that was partners is also a bust, they had trouble fixin 951reasons car there.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:11 AM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by INURGRL951
john you still need to crack into that tranny or do you have it fixed??

costas
Me? Well I have driven the car twice, and have had no issues with 1-2, the PO listed teh car as having an issue with 1-2 downshifts but I have not seen them, and I will be shortly changing all fluids. gonna put Swepco in the trans and take it from there...I will start a thread for everything I do to the car to make a solid DD, then start the mods...
Old 01-17-2009, 10:38 AM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by INURGRL951
AAAAAAAhhhhhiiiimmmmmmm!! Excuse me just clearing my throat ...I think i know someone.

costas
So...? You know someone???
Old 01-17-2009, 12:04 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by CPR
So...? You know someone???
I think what costas is trying to say is if you are looking for someone to turn wrenches, there are a bunch of us around, but if you are looking for a certified Porsche guy that might be a different story....

Quick Reply: RECOMMENDATION: MECHANIC IN VA., HAMPTON ROADS