Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Hard coolant line delete???

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 12:37 AM
DrZ1
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Hard coolant line delete???

The hard coolant pipe(s) in front of the timing belt that bolts to both sides. I need to delete it to install a AFM relocator that will put my filter behind the headlight. I was told that Lindsey has a replacement kit that allowed this to be substituted, anyone verify or know of alternatives.

Thanks
Steve
Old 01-05-2009, 12:58 AM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an S2 as well as a 951, and when comparing the S2's hoses to the 951's...it appears as if you can order some of the S2 houses and piece together a hard pipe deletion. I planned to do it, then I changed my mind and am going with a dry turbo. So my coolant lines will pretty much resemble and S2 up front. Nice and clean!
Old 01-05-2009, 10:26 PM
DrZ1
Rennlist Member

Here is how it will happen, Talked with Dave @ Lindsey. He reccommended an early NA hose that will run from coolant tank to the radiator, he has a step adapter for a wet turbo which will allow me to connect to the T-hose running from the coolant tank and the turbo coolant pump. He reccommended then to use a hose to connect the waterpump to the turbo waterline. I think I will go a step further and remove the smaller coolant hard line and tie to the NA hose to add support and have the coorect hose size as they are a bit different. I will take a pick next week and post.

Steve
Old 01-05-2009, 10:47 PM
Cory9584
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DrZ1
The hard coolant pipe(s) in front of the timing belt that bolts to both sides. I need to delete it to install a AFM relocator that will put my filter behind the headlight. I was told that Lindsey has a replacement kit that allowed this to be substituted, anyone verify or know of alternatives.

Thanks
Steve
Who sells an afm relocator? I would like to do that until i decide on an maf or management.

I deleted my hardpipe by using an S2 tank to radiator hose and a dry turbo.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:16 PM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cory9584
I deleted my hardpipe by using an S2 tank to radiator hose and a dry turbo.
That's my game plan. Its nice having the S2 to compare to so I can assemble the 951 to look like an S2 cooling system.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:22 PM
DrZ1
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=Cory9584;6151116]Who sells an afm relocator? I would like to do that until i decide on an maf or management.

SFR is where I bought mine, I asked Tim to make it. Most go to MAF, I just wanted to stick w/ the AFM for now.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:20 AM
lee101315
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any details on the kit? I am going to do the same thing
Old 01-06-2009, 10:38 AM
DrZ1
Rennlist Member

It has too hard pipes and intake tree. Specify to Tim, if you want the banjo Bolt or not. I run a EBC. I had them PC satin black. I will finish install friday and will try to post imagages that eve. With the coolant line gone. It looks stock and better then how Tim envisioned them as he had them squeezed in. It would not fit for me untill I decided to relocate there coolant line. However, I also installed his coolant tank, which might have been an issue. With the lcoolant line out there is sooo much room.

Steve

Edit: I just thought there was room,until I started putting everything back. It was tight,but possible. Impossible inmy opinion w/o removing the hard collant line. Actually kept the smaller ot the two, just sperated it from the larger passage and zip tied to NA hose used to replace it.

Last edited by DrZ1; 01-10-2009 at 02:17 AM.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:08 AM
DrZ1
Rennlist Member

Almost have it done, there was more difficulty as I added a K27 and the hard coolant lines running to the banjo bolt under the turbo, need to be rewelded to a position more out of my way. Also I need a to recieve a few more parts from tim. Here is where I have to stop for now, I will finish in a couple weeks and post more pics if interested. Not as easy as I thought but still looks good. I have alot of wiring to do as my stereo was ripped out and I wanted to redo the wiring in my EBC WBO2 and other electroics a local stereo shop butcherd. Oh yea and the Vitessee piggy and chips back to run the 27/6.

Steve
Attached Images   
Old 01-10-2009, 09:59 AM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Looking good Z. Is this the street car or the track car?
Old 01-10-2009, 10:33 AM
DrZ1
Rennlist Member

Thanks Scott,

It is for the street car. I had been planning to put the new turbo and the AFM kit on, since I blew the head gasket at the track, It seemed like a good time to put it all on. There were so many unexpected cleareance issues with all the changes, it took us a while. Terry and i would me at his shop at a Sat or Sun and then run into a clearence or parts failure, so we would have to stop until we could order the correct parts. I hope to get started back on the track car soon, I need to give Terry time though to get back onto his.

Have you worked on that wing yet? If not in a couple months I hope to install mine, maybe we could meet at Terrys and modify and install them.

Steve
Old 02-08-2009, 11:36 PM
DrZ1
Rennlist Member

Finally have everything back in. I just need to make a few brackets to secure the catch can and the AFM. THis project was probably not worth the effort as it is sooo tight and alot of extra modifications (read cost) were needed. If I could do over again I would just have gone with Vitesses MAF. But I started this planning on MAXHP chips and the SFR Blow thru MAF. Since I started a track car I fiqured I just put the MAF on it, and keep the street car more streetable.

I need to get the right T-Bolts ordered, and it is back on the road. Between this project and my rewiring project I am ready to hit the track in two weeks.

Steve
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Hard coolant line delete???