Old 12-16-2008, 04:30 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default X-Post: Various 944 parts F/S

Trying to clean out the bins in my basement from numerous parts cars and track business. Its all the misc. stuff that doesn't seem like it would take up space....but does.

In the For Sale Section:
https://rennlist.com/forums/for-sale...ml#post6095987
Old 12-16-2008, 05:00 PM
Ballistic-Chapman
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need the metal arm/lever located on picture 7/8: http://clarks-garage.com/shop-manual/hvac-01.htm.

"Full Heat at All Temperature Settings (1985.5 and Newer 944s)

On late model 944s (1985.5 and newer), there are several problems that can cause the full heat condition. The first and most common problem is a damper linkage in the driver's side footwell (for left-hand drive cars). Stick your head in the footwell and look up and toward the center console. You should see a small diameter metal rod which rests in a white plastic support and is held in place by a metal retaining clip. On later model 944s, there are two damper linkages instead of one and they are located behind a plastic cover. One of the plastic clips on the linkage may be broken preventing the linkage from operating the damper. When the damper fails to operate, the system fails to full heat. Most German cars are designed to fail this way. It's a safety feature to keep you from freezing in winter. The first picture below shows a linkage that has come loose from the support because the metal clip is broken. The second picture show the linkage properly in place with a new support and clip along with the part numbers for the support and clip." (clarks-garage.com)
Old 12-16-2008, 05:02 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ballistic
I need the metal arm/lever located on picture 7/8: http://clarks-garage.com/shop-manual/hvac-01.htm.

Argh, just threw out the HVAC unit last week.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:46 PM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If that Fab speed pipe is on that for sale list, I want it. I will have cash in hand and can pick up on or after the 26th. LMK!
Old 12-16-2008, 11:28 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by CarbonRevo
If that Fab speed pipe is on that for sale list, I want it. I will have cash in hand and can pick up on or after the 26th. LMK!
Already sold.

Quick Reply: X-Post: Various 944 parts F/S