Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Need to move car from Tampa to Minneapolis. Whats the best way?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008 | 11:44 AM
TRACKIN951
Burning Brakes

Default Need to move car from Tampa to Minneapolis. Whats the best way?

Hey all, I am going to moving back home to Minneapolis around the 25th. I had a nice road trip planned out involving partying in Atlanta and Chicago. Those plans have been crushed

My clutch started slipping this week Sooo perfect timing let me tell you. I need a way to get the car back as I think I want to do this job myself in the spring and perform a lot of maintenance repairs at the same time.

I am thinking about renting an SUV and tow the car behind on a trailer. I think this will work out well. It will also allow me to bring more personal items back with me.

There is also the option of having the car shipped. What do you all think will be the most economical. I want to do the trip in 2-3 days max.

I am weighing the price of having the clutch repaired down here as well but I think in the end it will be cheaper to tow and I can do some repairs I have wanted to.
Old 11-15-2008 | 12:14 PM
bigdeano
Burning Brakes

You're looking at a couple hundred for the SUV for two to three days and 80ish a day if you get a UHaul trailer to tow it on. So prolly 6-800$. IIRC guys on here have had their car transported in an enclosed car transporter for about the same amount. Hopefully some of them will chime in and give you an estimate on what they think it would cost to transport it based on their experience.
Old 11-15-2008 | 02:03 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have used DAS several times with no issues.
http://www.dasautoshippers.com/

Quick Reply: Need to move car from Tampa to Minneapolis. Whats the best way?