Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Camber plates and strut brace opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 01:09 PM
Bomber
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camber plates and strut brace opinions?

I'm about done gathering all the parts for a mild suspension upgrade on the 86 951. Need some opinions on the last couple pieces. No plans to track the car, I just want to replace what needs replacing. I don't appear to have any symptoms of worn out upper strut mounts, but the car has 226,000 miles on it. I don't think for my application I would really utilize expensive camber plates, so should I

1. Get them anyway?
2. Use my mounts with the $35 bushing replacement?
3. KLA mono ball?

I saw the Mookee CP's on ebay, but also read they weren't the best design, bwdik. Also read some probs with the KLA's and thread depth, but I don't know if I would have the same issue with my M474 struts. I don't remember what struts they were having issues with.

As for the strut brace, I've read they're great, they don't make any difference, they ad noise, and they don't ad noise. If I did use a strut brace, it would most likely be the KLA unit. Budget for this upgrade is already blown, and I'll still need an alignment. I don't want to buy something I don't need, but I also don't want to redo it later. What's the best option here? TIA

Quick Reply: Camber plates and strut brace opinions?