Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

pics of DME & KLR mounted on bracket please?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 04:17 AM
mtnman82
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default pics of DME & KLR mounted on bracket please?

I've searched & sat here trying to figure it out longer than I care to admit. Saw the pics on Danno's racer X page, looked at pics on the Maxhpkit site, etc., but can't find a pic of the assembly from the side the computers/alarm are mounted to. Can anybody help? I've got the outer 2 screws on each side of the mounting frame on, it's just the middle I'm confused on - overlap of the DME/KLR/alarm bracket and how the screw with the spacer fits into it all ... I think I remember taking that one out from the middle(?). Anyone???
Old 10-25-2008, 01:08 PM
mtnman82
Rennlist Member

Anyone ... anyone ... ... Buehler ... Buehler ... ... pretty please?
Old 10-25-2008, 01:26 PM
Spidey944
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is a copy of what was posted by Colin when I asked the same question. No one ever posted a pic like I wanted, but this is the description I got. Hope it helps.

1) remember the DME's the square one; the KLR, the rectangular one.

2) place the DME and KLR upside-down (mounting brackets on top) with the plug jacks pointed toward the front of the car. Plug them in and screw in the KLR vac line.

3) Remember to first bolt the factory alarm to the KLR before screwing the H-bracket on; place the alarm bracket underneath the KLR and screw in the screws in the spare holes on the KLR "wings"

4) place the H-bracket on top of the DME/KLR with the little "wing" thing (which resides on the lower end of one of the legs of the "H") facing the driver-aft corner of the car. I hope this makes sense; the two bolt holes (which hold the bracket to the interior) should be pointing aft.

5) Then, using a little manipulation of the respective holes of the DME/KLR, screw the damn thing together. It helps if the KLR is situated underneath the DME when you bolt up the center holes (on the H-bracket). As it lays there with the H-bracket on top, the DME will actually be situated fore of the KLR by a couple of inches.

6) Slide the whole shibang up along the footwell and maneuver it up behind the carpeting and put in the final two screws to hold it in place on the interior (which should now obviously be at the bottom).
Old 10-25-2008, 01:39 PM
mtnman82
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the reply, Doug. I did see this thread/post when I was searching last night, but it doesn't quite jive with what I've seen in the pics posted. I'm almost positive the alarm/bracket is mounted to the DME (not KLR), and the pics Ive seen don't show the DME sitting a couple inches fore of the KLR (don't remember it being this way when I took everything apart either).

Man, this is frustrating ... I've had to start buying reading glasses to leave laying around at home/work, and now my memory seems to be going ............. getting old sucks!!!
Old 10-25-2008, 01:59 PM
Spidey944
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just ended up mounting mine where they fit securely, and didnt interfere with anything. GL.

Quick Reply: pics of DME & KLR mounted on bracket please?