Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Help identifying a turbo please . . . . . . . . .

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 07:00 PM
mike220
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help identifying a turbo please . . . . . . . . .

Hi guys. I've been offered a new turbo but I'm having a little trouble identifying it, can you help ?

From the guys inof it's a K27 ? But he doesn't really know much more about it, so I need some info from the Turbo gods on here. What size is it, what size hotside, what spec/tune of engine it'd be suited to for a 951 etc. will it fit on a stock car setup or would I need to go MAF etc. etc.

Identifying it would be a start anyway, so here goes . . . . . . . .

Sorry for so many pics guys, I just wanted to make sure you had all the info in case there was a signifcant marking on one which solves my mystery.

Thanks in advance for any help, there may be a second available once I know what it is and sort out a price.

Cheers,

Mike
Old 10-16-2008, 07:17 PM
gt37vgt
Drifting

check inside the hot side for an A/r numer . it does look a shade on the big side for a standard averything car i would say exhaust injectors and maf its worth 1 to 400 bucks looks brand new . you will probaly be able to swap it for a Cheater type k26/k27 6 or 8 wich is more suitable for a standard car with some one who has MAF and exhuast
Old 10-17-2008, 04:35 AM
mike220
Advanced

Well, I say standard, perhaps I spoke to quickly. My car actually has a chipset, induction kit, exhaust and a boost enhancer. Very soon to be going to 3 bar fpr, maybe injectors (if needed), dual port wastegate and boost control (either mechanical or poss electronic).

Unfortunately I don't have access to the turbo right now, so I'm dealing with someone remotely trying to get me the info.

Is it a K27 like the guy thinks ?
Will it fit my car ?
Would I need a MAF setup or will that just enable me to get the best out of it ?
Can anyone identify the hotside from the dimensions shown ?

Cheers guys, do appreciate the help.

Mike
Old 10-17-2008, 05:16 AM
gt37vgt
Drifting

yeh looks alot like my k27 almost bolt strait in a little ginding on the top to clear the manifold or 6mm gasket spacer to lift the inlet manifold
Old 10-17-2008, 05:47 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

Can you write the measurements that you've taken Mike?
Old 10-17-2008, 06:16 AM
gt37vgt
Drifting

i thought i was lazy pat read the verniar 80comp OD 53inducer 64 exducer
genrally bey the size ratio oonthe comp wheel it is good for 30 psi
Old 10-17-2008, 06:42 AM
mike220
Advanced

So what number hot side does that equate to guys ?

From doing some reading on here (I'm trying, but my knowledge of turbos's is lacking at the moment - not had the car too long, so I'm just learning about forced induction really (quickly lol)) a K27/7 or K27/8 would be reasonable for me (providing the price was right) I'm well aware there will be much better turbo's out there, but I'm just looking that this could be a reasonable cost upgrade from my standard 26/6. Decent performance increase without smashing my piggy bank.

Cheers guys.

GT37vgt, do you think it'd be suitable for my application ? Was your valuation in Aus$ or US$ ? (either way I'd have to convert it to UK £ haha)

Big thanks, hopefully this may be a go project !

Mike
Old 10-18-2008, 08:04 PM
gt37vgt
Drifting

well i kind of meant either dollar because i was relating the turbo to the market it lives in .
so i paid 300au shipped for an almost identical turbo but not as new .

pros of this turbo are bolt in not easy install on many other cars wich tends to make them cheaper big enough to captilaise on future upgrades . 400 or so hp

Cons are "apparently " not as technically advanced as other stuff a tiny bit big for standard AFM.

run a search on this forum K27 you will find plenty of happy people .

Quick Reply: Help identifying a turbo please . . . . . . . . .