Location of ground straps?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 12:31 PM
Jeff N.
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Location of ground straps?

Hi,

Trying to hone in on the exact location of the engine ground straps. From the picture in the manual, they look like they are next to the speed and reference sensors.

Is this correct?

Is it possible to see both the ECU and block to chassis strap when you look down the firewall?

I think I can see the ECU strap from the top but I don't see to see the engine to chassis strap. Wondering if it's hidden or maybe missing.

Thanks!

Jeff
Old 09-30-2008, 12:46 PM
MAGK944
Nordschleife Master

Received 298 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff N.
Hi,

Trying to hone in on the exact location of the engine ground straps. From the picture in the manual, they look like they are next to the speed and reference sensors.

Is this correct?

Is it possible to see both the ECU and block to chassis strap when you look down the firewall?

I think I can see the ECU strap from the top but I don't see to see the engine to chassis strap. Wondering if it's hidden or maybe missing.

Thanks!

Jeff
They are both on the rear of the engine block below the heater control valve. If you can start your engine then they are both connected. I removed my intake manifold so that I could get at them and clean them properly. This give you the opportunity to also replace the coolant pipes at the control valve and clean out the ISV and change those pipes also. Well worth doing while you are there. Also, be prepared to find other stuff that needs changing like the AOS pipe to J-boot and the venturi piping and other vacuum lines.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:29 PM
mortymower
Rennlist Member

There is no "engine to chassis strap" back there just an engine to battery heavy gauge wire, as well as the DME ground.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:47 PM
Jeff N.
Burning Brakes

OK. I should be able to follow from the battery cable to the engine to locate the attachment point. I would expect the DME ground to next to it.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:20 PM
mortymower
Rennlist Member

Yep
Old 10-01-2008, 10:42 AM
MAGK944
Nordschleife Master

Received 298 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by mortymower
There is no "engine to chassis strap" back there just an engine to battery heavy gauge wire, as well as the DME ground.
+1, the ground strap connects to the chassis via the battery -ve terminal.

Quick Reply: Location of ground straps?