Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Vacuum Line Problems/ What is this sh!t

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 04:14 PM
dillon410021
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Vacuum Line Problems/ What is this ****

I have found some vacuum leaks on my 951. These two lines Y off, but there is no line from it. It is broken off. Plus I snapped one of them when changing the spark plugs yesterday. I bought the lindsey racing blue vacuum line kit and the venturi delete so I will hopefully not have any leaks. My question is where are these two connectors supposed to go. thanks

Name:  P1090632.JPG
Views: 574
Size:  69.0 KB
Old 09-28-2008, 05:01 PM
jmj951
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dillon410021
I have found some vacuum leaks on my 951. These two lines Y off, but there is no line from it. It is broken off. Plus I snapped one of them when changing the spark plugs yesterday. I bought the lindsey racing blue vacuum line kit and the venturi delete so I will hopefully not have any leaks. My question is where are these two connectors supposed to go. thanks

Attachment 306742
Edited to remove unnecessary references.

Here are the three connections:
1) Up to the "MAIN" 3-way connector (the other two lines on that "MAIN" connector go into the intake manifold and over to the fuel damper - which also splits and goes over to the BOV).
2) To the Fuel Pressure Regulator
3) To the driver's side (didn't replace this line yet so I'm not sure what it goes to)

If I'm seeing this correctly, I think you're simply missing a connection between the two 3-way connectors.

If you're still stumped, send me a PM and I'll send you my phone number and we'll talk while both looking under the hoods.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:04 PM
dillon410021
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jmj951
I just did this earlier this month, but it's difficult to explain in text and I can't take pics right now. One thing I need to know is which 3-way connector you're referring to. I think it's the one that is NOT directly connected to the intake manifold, but is in the immediate area, a little close to the firewall. If so, here are the three connections:
1) Up to the "MAIN" 3-way connector (the other two lines on that "MAIN" connector go into the intake manifold and over to the fuel damper - which also splits and goes over to the BOV).
2) To the Fuel Pressure Regulator
3) To the driver's side (didn't replace this line yet so I'm not sure what it goes to)

If I'm seeing this correctly, I think you're simply missing a connection between the two 3-way connectors.

If you're still stumped, send me a PM and I'll send you my phone number and we'll talk while both looking under the hoods.

ok thanks
Old 09-28-2008, 10:28 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that's funny. Pretty much what I said when i first removed the intake manifold. They're almost all gone now.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:10 AM
mortymower
Rennlist Member

There is a vac/fuel line diagram on the pass fender to help you route the lines correctly FYI
Old 09-30-2008, 05:14 PM
Synth
Instructor

As a "while you are in there", you might want to consider removing the cycling valve and putting in a manual boost controller.

As for routing, Lindsey Racing has some good diagrams here. http://www.lindseyracing.com/mm5/mer...ry_Code=VACDIA

Quick Reply: Vacuum Line Problems/ What is this sh!t