Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Removing Brake booster...?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 10:46 PM
Fluidplay
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Removing Brake booster...?

...can this be done without removing the shield? There's about 1/2"+ of room off the front end of the m/c to the shield. Also, once the m/c is out of the way will the booster itself have room to be removed? It looks fairly tight with the hard brake lines coming in. Secondly, what do you do with the reservoir and clutch line? And finally...how difficult of a project is this? I'm thinking I should just replace the slave, master and blue line to the clutchwhile i'm in there.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:58 AM
Fluidplay
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

?? anybody...
Old 09-19-2008, 01:23 PM
mj951
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 98 Posts

If I recall correctly I removed the heat shield.
The worst part of replacing the booster is getting to the lock nuts which are tucked way up underneath the drivers foot well behind some thick rubber sound insulation. Removal of the drivers seat would make this a lot easier but not totally necessary. Good luck.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:56 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pull the m/c off first. Wrap the lines up so it doesn't drip fluid all down the paint and then the booster.

Yes, the 3 bolts are a pain but not that bad. I use a swivel socket and/or a wiggle extension, if that helps.. The thing that makes it hard is the floor insulation. If you get that out of the way, its easy. Pulling the seat and/or steering wheel gives you more room but its not necessary.

Quick Reply: Removing Brake booster...?