Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

reference wire/ harness setup

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 04:52 PM
dillon410021
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default reference wire/ harness setup

I need the reference wire harness from lindsey racing. there are two plugs, one for idle and one for wide open throttle. paragon has a $60 reference sensor. what plug does that hook into. also, what else do I need that will fill the second plug
also, where is the reference sensor located(is it located right before the turbo on exhaust)

thanks
Old 09-12-2008, 06:18 PM
jerome951
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts

Dillon,
I'm not sure I understand the question or the reasoning as to why you need the Lindsey harness. The idle and wide open throttle signals come from the throttle position sensor, not the speed nor reference sensors.

There are 2 'reference' sensors on the top of the clutch bellhousing and can be reached behind the back of the intake manifold. One (the 'reference' one) senses a stud on the flywheel as it goes around and tells the DME when the engine is at TDC. The other (the 'speed' one) senses the teeth of the ring gear as it goes by so the DME can interpret the rpms the engine is turning. Each of these plug into the separate connectors that are on a small metal bracket that attaches to the rear of the intake. The Lindsey harness has 1 plug for the speed sensor and another plug for the TDC reference sensor, just as the factory harness has.

My advice. If you're unsure what you're doing (and it sounds like you are), have someone physically help you. The writeup on Clark's Garage is also pretty good.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:23 PM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dillon410021
I need the reference wire harness from lindsey racing. there are two plugs, one for idle and one for wide open throttle. paragon has a $60 reference sensor. what plug does that hook into. also, what else do I need that will fill the second plug
also, where is the reference sensor located(is it located right before the turbo on exhaust)

thanks

Dillon,
Is this about your problem from your previous thread?
Old 09-12-2008, 08:36 PM
dillon410021
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CPR
Dillon,
Is this about your problem from your previous thread?
yes

Quick Reply: reference wire/ harness setup