Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Brakes, Brakes, Brakes.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 04:47 PM
disasterman
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

When reviewing data during braking/it is common to see a decrease in brake pressure when blipping the throttle. When you get a chance to dig into your Motec data you will be amazed at the detail you will get.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:21 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by disasterman
When reviewing data during braking/it is common to see a decrease in brake pressure when blipping the throttle. When you get a chance to dig into your Motec data you will be amazed at the detail you will get.
This is one of the standard things I look for in data analysis. Its usually there, and an easy get for improvement. With a bit of work on technique most drivers can hold constant pressure during the blip. The key is in knowing its a problem worth solving.

FWIW, the pedal in my car is on the soft side too. New MC, multiple bleedings, fresh SRF, tons of cooling and well-adjusted bearings have't been able to firm it up. Drives me crazy that I can't nail the problem. The car is PCA Stock, so stock TurboS brakes.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:20 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Right, I figured that's what you meant. This is indeed one of the main attractions of the upcoming data. To learn and continue to do so. I like the challenge and it's exciting to think that there is always improvement to me, not just the car.

Tony, what rotors are you running? I found that even though the pedal could be on the soft side from time to time, the slotted rotors really seemed to help overall. That's more fade than soft pedal but worth a try if you can get a hold of some.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:58 AM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Right, I figured that's what you meant. This is indeed one of the main attractions of the upcoming data. To learn and continue to do so. I like the challenge and it's exciting to think that there is always improvement to me, not just the car.

Tony, what rotors are you running? I found that even though the pedal could be on the soft side from time to time, the slotted rotors really seemed to help overall. That's more fade than soft pedal but worth a try if you can get a hold of some.
Tried slotted, and came back to solids. Its not a heat problem. The only thing I haven't changed is the power brake reservoir and associated plumbing, and if thats where the problem is I'll be kicking my own **** for not looking at it earlier.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:33 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Good luck in finding the cause. It's not an uncommon symptom of these cars. Be interested to find out if there was a failure of a particular component such as the booster reservoir on a semi regular basis that was the common fault.

Quick Reply: Brakes, Brakes, Brakes.....