Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Delima with an old friend

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 05:52 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ehall
Here Chris, throw a couple of these in and keep the car.
ahh the good ol' days! Then my neighbour scared them off and everything about the car has been heading downhill ever since... damn it..

My vote is cheap beer and fancy hookers!
Old 08-27-2008, 05:55 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Alright seriously... I'm on Fast951's line here.. decide what you want with it - a race car or street car?
If street car - have the body fixed and then get a non-race suspension set up. Perhaps just start with a regular yellow koni setup and then gradually remove the nice suspension parts and replace with used stock parts.

Or if race car - widebody and race car paint and a set of Leda's.
Perhaps it's worth more as a track car than street car?
Old 08-27-2008, 06:49 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Duke
ahh the good ol' days! Then my neighbour scared them off and everything about the car has been heading downhill ever since... damn it..

My vote is cheap beer and fancy hookers!
AWESOME!
Old 08-27-2008, 06:50 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Duke
Alright seriously... I'm on Fast951's line here.. decide what you want with it - a race car or street car?
If street car - have the body fixed and then get a non-race suspension set up. Perhaps just start with a regular yellow koni setup and then gradually remove the nice suspension parts and replace with used stock parts.

Or if race car - widebody and race car paint and a set of Leda's.
Perhaps it's worth more as a track car than street car?
If Chris builds it, it damned sure will be worth a LOTmore as a track car. Reputation counts.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:07 AM
blodstrupmoen
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I would say fix it and keep it.. ..

If you decide otherwise I`m interested ..
Old 08-29-2008, 12:02 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Any thoughts? Advice? Interest?
And the verdict is....?

Old 08-29-2008, 12:36 AM
95ONE
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maaco paint and some koni's. project finished. Sell the car. Buy Caymen with Turbo 3.6
Old 08-29-2008, 04:34 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Get it back on the road later! If you've had the car for that long, and I'm guessing it's helped you get to where you are now, then you can't hack it up!
Old 08-29-2008, 05:08 AM
INURGRL951
Three Wheelin'

Location: out in the sticks and flat lands of va wondering around for an open field or pavement!!!

Well in order to give an honest opinion of it i would say i need to see the pics of it, but that is comin from someone that just fix the *** end of his 951 from a kiss with a dumptruck. I know what you mean about puttin alot into paintin it thats why I usually dont do the bodywork on my cars cause one i will take forever gettin it "perfect" and dont get paid doin it. So you just gotta treat it like a coustomer car and just fix what is needed and be done with it I know its hard but sometime that whats you have to do. So in all i guess i say fix it even tho i haven't seen a pic dont let another 951 die......
Old 08-29-2008, 10:12 AM
Scootin159
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've know you've always said that you're "not a body guy" - maybe use this as your chance to learn. You've rebuilt this car how many times so far? Why not use it as a chance to learn how to do bodywork too?
Old 08-29-2008, 10:28 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Scootin159
I've know you've always said that you're "not a body guy" - maybe use this as your chance to learn. You've rebuilt this car how many times so far? Why not use it as a chance to learn how to do bodywork too?

Oh I know body work....I know how much I hate it! I can be a perfectionist with engine and machine work, there is no such thing as a perfect paint job! The little defects would drive me crazy....

I just got back from the Glen, now I feel a little better. I took a customers car out for a 'test' run. I built the engine 25K miles ago and its was here for some check out work and some odds and ends. The customer was happy for me to take it to the track to make sure to was running fine so he could get it back to the track.

Somewhere around 350rwhp in a stock suspension turbo S with older street tires. Pretty entertaining, this thing would have to be nursed around the corners but once it straighten out it would go like hell. My garage mate had a NSX and he thought I was “f@@king with him” because when ever he got close in a corner I would pull 20 -30 car lengths before the next corner. I really confused him when I pulled out 20 lengths half way down the straight and then braked and gave him a point by! He had track tires on and was way faster in the corners so I let him have some fun.
Anyway – that did let me remember the fun of a high powered street 951. I am still not sure what to do. If I knew that I would have time to drive it when it was done I would restore it. I don’t mind finding the time / money if I know I will use it.
BTW – I currently have 2 widebody shells here….so swapping the drive train into to one is another option….
Old 08-29-2008, 02:47 PM
76 911s
Racer

Originally Posted by Chris White
Look at the signature list....It could be decades down the road!

Your son's 8 you say? Save it for him... Its not that long.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:56 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by 76 911s
Your son's 8 you say? Save it for him... Its not that long.
A teenager with a 400hp car? Hey, I still remember my teen years and that would have been a very bad idea. I did enough questionable things with the VW squareback I had!

Quick Reply: Delima with an old friend