Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

George's Car on Cover of EUROPEAN CAR

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 11:10 PM
tone3721
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 303 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboTim
Those three vintage Porsches are worth almost three Enzos.One of the cars won Targa Florio,placed 2nd in Nurburgring,etc........Another of those cars won Nurburgring,Targa Florio and a few other historical races.The twin cam engines in some of those cars are worth $125-250K!!!!!!!!!They have the original cases and everything.The guy that owns those cars own about 20 others just like them.Yes he is rich dude.Screw the reefer closet,we are talking reefer warehouse that Cheech and Chong would be envious of
215 baby, 215!. God bless California! HAHAHA
Old 08-14-2008, 11:36 PM
George D
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ehall
This isn't on you, but ya know, knowing that they embellished for the sake of "The Story" pretty much means I'll never buy that POS wrag again.

Like I said, that's not an aspersion cast upon you, George, or amyone associated with the build.

Ehall,

European Car is a good rag. It could be incorrect notes, or taking sides with their add campaign. I, personally, enjoy seeing cars like mine being showcased within modern cars. Know that it's not personal. It's all about who supports their magazine. A typo favoring someone that pays BIG BUCKS getting some game is not revelant to the heart of the story.

We 951 guys got some press, and that's good enough for me.

The story of our cars is important. Don't let the little stuff get in the way of telling our story.

European Car is not a POS rag. I am a suscriber, and will continue to enjoy their magazine.

Regards,

George
Old 08-14-2008, 11:44 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess it just irks me, especially after all of the work that was put into this, that they "might" embellish for some dubious purpose. It makes me wonder how "correct" the rest of their reporting is.

I agree about getting our cars out there. That is good for all of us.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:01 AM
George D
Drifting

Ehall,

Thanks for the response. Sometimes we just have to deal with the cards. I'm a veteran. Never saw action as a Coast Guard Navigator and Vessell Traffic Controller on the Mississippi River. I could go on, but I'm still a man that understands who pays the bills in the context of articles written in a magazine. The author took some risk in placing our car on the front page. Know that he is on the hot seat.

Know that if they are willing to write another article on my car, I'll be more involved in the actual text.

Thank you for posting. I appreciate you and your comments.

I'm asking that you simply enjoy our cars getting some press. The magazine that did the article is a good magazine. They allowed our cars to get some needed press for valuations for all of us.

Can't all of us use some needed increase in resale value?

Know I appreciate you and all you do.

Best to you and yours,

George
Old 08-15-2008, 12:44 AM
azmi951
Drifting

George's car is even better in person.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:58 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboTim
Those three vintage Porsches are worth almost three Enzos.One of the cars won Targa Florio,placed 2nd in Nurburgring,etc........Another of those cars won Nurburgring,Targa Florio and a few other historical races.The twin cam engines in some of those cars are worth $125-250K!!!!!!!!!They have the original cases and everything.The guy that owns those cars own about 20 others just like them.Yes he is rich dude.Screw the reefer closet,we are talking reefer warehouse that Cheech and Chong would be envious of
I just had an orgasm thinking about parting one of those babies.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:15 AM
George D
Drifting

Sean,

You know that those pictures are better. Can't wait to go fishing with you, your brother, and father in a few weeks. I promise that you will be smitten with my boat running and gunning way offshore. 50mph on a 32' boat may not seem fast, but trust me....you will have fun.

Being tools just in case.....LOL

By the way, my wife just said that next weekend to Greer is a boys trip...interested in helping me take the new Duramax to Greer? It will be chipped...!

PM me or call.

George

I'll show you men a good time.
Originally Posted by azmi951
George's car is even better in person.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:37 AM
azmi951
Drifting

Originally Posted by George D
I'll show you men a good time.
Alright!!!!! I love good times!!!!

Sign me up for Greer. My car should be running again then.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:45 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

looks hot as always. I went by the local barnes yesterday looking for the mag. They didn't have the latest on the shelves.

shame that never would have happened in dallas. grrr. I'll try and see if its out today.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:49 PM
DVC
Burning Brakes

Congrats George! That is a great spread. I'm not personally too concerned with the validity of the info contained in the article, as I only look at the pictures
Old 08-15-2008, 12:51 PM
Cyrus951
Rennlist Member

nice, good job man!!
Old 08-15-2008, 05:16 PM
TurboTim
Banned

When Pablo wrote the article he just asked me what sort of parts were on the car and then he put the story together.We didnt tell him we installed the brakes,suspension,wheels or tires.Those were already on the car so it looked good before it even got into the shop! I think he just assumed we put those things on since we usually install those kinds of things on the big builds we do.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:43 PM
Ryan in SD
Instructor

Cool stuff.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:15 AM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I just got my issue. Looks great George. Awesome car. Congratulations. I know exactly how you feel. I made the May 05 cover. Pablo and Les were some of the best guys I've ever met. Great job you guys. Really great.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:08 PM
Diver944
Pro

True enthusiasts will always spot some error in a magazine article about their own particular breed of car. The important thing is it was a positive article with some awesome pictures and it painted our cars in a very glowing light compared to some very exotic modern machinery. George should be rightfully proud of his steed and Tim will hopefully get some great publicity and hopefully more business which can only be good for our community as a whole.

Well done guys

Last edited by Diver944; 08-17-2008 at 05:40 AM.

Quick Reply: George's Car on Cover of EUROPEAN CAR