Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Real Topic:Chip vs. Chip

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 01:08 PM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 195 Posts

I don't understand why you are suddenly freaking out about chips that up until right now you were in love with. If your car is running fine the way you drive it, then what are you worried about? You might pick up a couple ponies, or a little better fuel economoy, but probably not worth dumping a bunch of money on. I personally wouldn't seek out autothority chips (mainly because the guy I talked to there was a complete dick head), but I do have a friend that runs them @ 15psi with his afm no problem.
If you blow your head gasket, or start having other problems I would consider making a change.
There are a lot of opinions on Rennlist, and not all of them can be right. Are there better chips than autothority? Most likely, but if it aint broke why throw money at it.
As for my car, I am running Max 951 AFM chips at 17 trailing to 14psi and I'm quite pleased! I will continue to not wish autothroity tech support on even an illegal immigrant.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:25 PM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

smokin,
Hold on mate, no one ere is "freakin out" about chips. I simply asked what all the fuss and or experiences were from other users. As far as customer serivce they have been great to us, but I have heard, and UNDERSTAND, that as with you and some other mem's that has not been the case. Also I respect your op....I am just wondering if there is something better (read faster more efiicient) for my auto. I do not mind spending the additional money...just wondering if there was a proven and/or tested route to follow as evreyone here seems to have alot more expertise than I. Adjust your dial to 5:00 o'clock and relax
Cheers

Quick Reply: Real Topic:Chip vs. Chip