Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

...My car is too slow!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 04:59 PM
Papamurphdog
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 60 Posts
Default ...My car is too slow!

Just thought I'd post a thread to keep me from reading "my car's too fast" anymore! Hope Seabass makes it to DE or Auto-X soon! Road Atlanta next week; I can't wait!!! Assuming my car is happy...
Old 08-10-2008, 05:17 PM
Cory9584
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like this topic much better
Old 08-10-2008, 05:21 PM
951Porschiste
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hijack the thread...

Rick just got your email about the connectors. I've sent you an email response. I think your connections may be wrong.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Papamurphdog
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 951Porschiste
Sorry to hijack the thread...

Rick just got your email about the connectors. I've sent you an email response. I think your connections may be wrong.
Thanks. Going crazy on this f---ing problem! Real stumper. I'll PM ya back in a few minutes... Glad to see your still on the board. My favorite response to the other thread was "holy old thread Batman!" LOL!
Old 08-10-2008, 05:27 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

My car really is too slow. Im atleast 5 seconds off my usual auto-x times (averaging against the people i always run with) in the 951 compared to my old n/a. No traction and only enough space to hit boost for a second. Its such a tease.

I need to start learning to work on left foot braking...and going to some more road courses .
Old 08-10-2008, 05:27 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 55 Posts

295rwhp is indeed low for all the mods you have.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:31 PM
Papamurphdog
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cory9584
I like this topic much better
Me too! The buddy who got me hooked on this stuff has a real bad case of "my car's too slow" and he put a Vett motor inplace of the turbo! I still like the 4-banger though... found something today; took off the MAF and cleaned up a bit and noticed how HUGE the intake of the Garrett 28/76 is...the piping to the MAF seems like it is way too small for the turbo inlet; is this robbing me of power? Went to LR site and looked at their inlet pipe and it is a lot bigger than mine on the inlet side, growing from the 3 1/2" filter end to much larger at the Turbo inlet?? Did I just dicover some HP here?? Interesting. BTW, if I could get mine off the f!@$#!@# jack stands it would be much faster than it is now...
Old 08-10-2008, 05:36 PM
Papamurphdog
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lart951
295rwhp is indeed low for all the mods you have.
Lart, see my post of a moment ago; I think you may be right! Also, I dyno'd it at 1.1 bar, which is what I run on the track for reliability. Not sure where it would go if I turned up the volume. Also, the MAF system is old, I need a new one... college tuition has prevented the upgrade. I'll dig up the charts and post them here when I have time...then I'd love your opinion... at least I can dream of more power!!!
Old 08-10-2008, 06:43 PM
Cory9584
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickamurphy
Me too! The buddy who got me hooked on this stuff has a real bad case of "my car's too slow" and he put a Vett motor inplace of the turbo! I still like the 4-banger though... found something today; took off the MAF and cleaned up a bit and noticed how HUGE the intake of the Garrett 28/76 is...the piping to the MAF seems like it is way too small for the turbo inlet; is this robbing me of power? Went to LR site and looked at their inlet pipe and it is a lot bigger than mine on the inlet side, growing from the 3 1/2" filter end to much larger at the Turbo inlet?? Did I just dicover some HP here?? Interesting. BTW, if I could get mine off the f!@$#!@# jack stands it would be much faster than it is now...
It should be bigger at the filter end, if not all the same.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:14 AM
Papamurphdog
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cory9584
It should be bigger at the filter end, if not all the same.
After Road Atlanta this weekend I'm going to take the intake apart and I'll take some pics for the board to review. Wonder if the SFR or the LR is the way to go... Will take some measurements and post next week... never realized how convoluted the intake piping was...
Old 08-11-2008, 11:05 AM
Slantnose!
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Get some Hoosiers
For autocross, at least, you gotta' keep the corner speeds up and without a really good "R" tire you'll just be wasting your time.

Quick Reply: ...My car is too slow!