Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

New 951 owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 11:54 AM
CurtP
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I haven't had my 951 very long, but I come from a similar background as you. I have a 1995 Formula with a poked-n-stroked LT1 (396ci) which was dual-purpose built (track and street). That is my straight-line car, but I will autocross it too.

My 951 had some mods on it when I bought it (Lindsey Racing stage II MAF, MBC, cat-back, etc) and I actually removed most of them. I went back to the stock intake setup (I really don't like the LR MAF setup - it pulls in hot air from the engine bay through a K&N conical filter) and replaced the MBC with a AEM TruBoost EBC. Eventually, I will probably go with a MegaSquirt, but for now I'm leaving it fairly close to stock. I did leave the 3-bar FPR, SFR cat-back and the reprogrammed chips in place though.

My recommendation is probably going to be a lot different than everyone else's. I say leave it like it is - for now, and learn how to drive it before making any changes. The suspension is very well balanced in these cars and I really don't see a need to ruin that for no good reason. Buy a good set of tires (if it doesn't already have them), participate in a few events (driving events, not straight-line) and work out the issues from there.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:38 PM
Dougs951
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

After hearing all of the advice you all have I think I am going to leave it stock for now and appreaciate the car for what it is I'll leave the drag racing to one of my Camaro's

Quick Reply: New 951 owner