Speedometer not working..

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2020, 12:23 AM
dme
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Alpine951
On the way in to work this morning there was one of those portable radar contraptions that shows what your speed is. They put them in residential neighborhoods. My speedo said 40 and the radar said 35. wheels are phone dials with stock diameter tires. Would this mean something is loose or wrong with the cable or sensor or is this proff that those portable radar contraptions are a POS?
All three of my 951 speedo's have read high by 5 to 10 percent. I bought one of Tom's SpeedoBoosters to fix both the speedometer and the boost gauge.
Old 06-30-2020, 01:54 PM
ElRicardo
Pro

Received 116 Likes on 92 Posts

Curiously, my Speedo stopped working last week, along with cruise control. I am told that if the speedo dies and the cruise control dies and the "automatic latching" mechanism on the sunroof (this is designed to re-latch the sunroof automatically if left unlatched) does not work when the car is driving then the speed sensor is probably the culprit. My car is a Cabrio, so 2/3 of the above are dead. So I may replace the sensor.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:18 AM
dme
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ElRicardo
Curiously, my Speedo stopped working last week, along with cruise control. I am told that if the speedo dies and the cruise control dies and the "automatic latching" mechanism on the sunroof (this is designed to re-latch the sunroof automatically if left unlatched) does not work when the car is driving then the speed sensor is probably the culprit. My car is a Cabrio, so 2/3 of the above are dead. So I may replace the sensor.
Absolutely, the speed sensor feeds:
  1. speedometer...of course
  2. sunroof, to make it re-latch if the car starts moving and the sunroof is unlocked, but a moot point for you
  3. cruise control for the speed reference
Old 07-01-2020, 12:30 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

Holy thread bump.
Easy solve:
Speedhut 200mph gps 911/964/993 style.

*(insane Kevin Gross gearing not included)

Quick Reply: Speedometer not working..