Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Light Gremlin

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 04:18 AM
sebastian944
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Light Gremlin

I'm having more issues with my turn signal lights. All the blinkers work, so does the emergency flashers. However, my right turn signal light doesn't light up when i have the lights on in any position. This light will only flash but it won't stay on when i'm not signaling. Any ideas? bulb must be ok if it flashes fine.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:09 PM
sebastian944
Rennlist Member

i've been reading some older posts through a search. I havn't found anything yet but through reading other related issues i have a thought. I replaced my flasher relay a few weeks ago for the left turn flasher (which works fine) but then the bulb went out which i replaced.. and it works fine again. Now the right light goes off when the lights are on.

i used a cheaper flasher relay. WEH 1H0 953 227 is this the reason why? when i get back to my car i'm going to put the original relay back in. It's an original VW 111 953 227D. I'm thinking maybe the bulb was going bad and the relay was never the issue before. ho hum.
Old 07-19-2008, 05:19 PM
sebastian944
Rennlist Member

ok ok. I guess i'm an idiot. I realize it's a duel filiment bulb and the second one must be burnt out. I shall replace this bulb promptly. It's no coincidence that this bulb should go out after the other did a week ago. Always change bulb in pairs -- like the last owner did.

Quick Reply: Light Gremlin