Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Bullrun 2008 - Looks like I'm in

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 02:47 AM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Bullrun 2008 - Looks like I'm in

Not with any of my cars though. I'll be the navigator in a Lexus IS F. I haven't watched the Bullrun before. Anyone know what I should expect?
Old 06-18-2008, 08:27 AM
Spidey944
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That would be so much fun!! I watched the whole season last time it was on Spike TV. The issues that most teams had last year were:

1: Route: seems that there are 2 routes you can normaly take. Thier planned route, or whatever route you choose, but you have to avoid thier route completely if you do this.

2: Time Bonus': In each round, you can deviate from said route to pick up a time bonus. This bonus can be located anywhere from 15-45 miles off of the Bullrun route, and can give you as much as an hour off of your time. Some teams went for it every time, others just went for the finish line. As far as I remember, there was not much correlation until the later rounds in those that got to stay, and those that got sent home because they did or did not go for the bonus'.

3: Challenges: The loser of the challenge gets his spot in the Bullrun swapped with the team that beat them in the challenge. So if you were 4th in line, and they were 10th, you would be 10th now if you lost. The challenges were all pretty tough, and most of the teams had issues because they were not able to correctly gauge the size of thier vehicle, or the amount of body roll involved during a few of the challenges. You should be able to find some vids of the challenges on YouTube. They ALL looked like a blast!

You are so freakin lucky to get to do this, and in an IS F none the less. The wife and I have been looking at these for a few months now, and they are SICK! If anything else jumps into memory I'll repost. Good Luck!!
Old 06-18-2008, 12:56 PM
iborroel
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SpideySlave944: What was shown on Spike TV and the real "Bullrun" are 2 totally different animals. I believe the one for Spike TV was made for TV. the real Bullrun can maybe be put in the same category as the Gumball, Players Run, etc.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:59 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SoloRacer
Not with any of my cars though. I'll be the navigator in a Lexus IS F. I haven't watched the Bullrun before. Anyone know what I should expect?
Awesome!!!

I watched the whole series for the first season. It was pretty cool, but the whole aspect of YOU MUST NOT SPEED is kind of a downer.

But it was pretty cool overall.

Is Goldberg still the host?
Old 06-18-2008, 01:04 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, is this the "illegal" Bullrun or the TV show?????
Old 06-18-2008, 01:27 PM
Spidey944
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by iborroel
SpideySlave944: What was shown on Spike TV and the real "Bullrun" are 2 totally different animals. I believe the one for Spike TV was made for TV. the real Bullrun can maybe be put in the same category as the Gumball, Players Run, etc.
The OP said, "I haven't watched the Bullrun before." Assumed he was talking about the show.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:18 PM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I haven't watched the show. The website is www.bullrun.com I believe the run we are doing is not elimination format like the TV show. I know that camera crews will be there but perhaps only for a UK channel and the DVD? The guy I'm partnered up with did the run last year and said it was similar to the Players Run, etc. He was in a Humvee last time and finished 10th over all.

Quick Reply: Bullrun 2008 - Looks like I'm in