Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Transaxel Leak

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 05:19 PM
thewitchdokta
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Transaxel Leak

Hey guys...i was looking under my car and I noticed some grease/oil that looks fairly fresh hanging from where the tranaxel housing meets the CV mounting hub. The CV book looks clean w/ no leaks. I don't really know where this is coming from. To be honest im not even sure if it is a new development or it was left behind from the last time my mechanic changed the CV boot (possible spillage?). Has anyone encountered this before? Any thoughts? It's going to my mechanic tomorrow morning but i cant stop thinking about it. There are some pics to go with it. They are form my phone as i am at work. Name:  Greasy tranaxel 1.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  22.4 KB

Name:  greasy tranaxel 2.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  18.0 KBAny thoughts/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 06-12-2008, 05:50 PM
mortymower
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could be a trans leak, spray brake cleaner all over it to clean and then drive it and recheck to see where its coming from. But also check all of the engine seals/gaskets because if you get a decent leak from the front main seal for example, when it drips at 70 mph its heading straight back for the trans, which will coat the trans in oil and make you think the trans is leaking.

Quick Reply: Transaxel Leak