951 oil leak

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 02:33 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ModdedEverything951S
That's the "cheap fix" that could bite you in the ***.
You're being INCREDIBLY generous with that evaluation. If the original poster can't afford to fix it right he should buy a Honda, not take the dumbass way out.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:07 AM
dillon410021
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

im not interested in this one
I am buying another 951 Saturday
Old 06-04-2008, 01:12 PM
LFA951
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BS, I've had a leak on my car over two years now by the oil pan and rear main seal and nothing has happened, still leaks the same quantity, regardless of outside temperature, no more, no less, just check oil regularly and it's good enough, so I am a testament that no biting in the *** drama occurs...
Old 06-04-2008, 02:29 PM
eniac
Drifting

Originally Posted by LFA951
BS, I've had a leak on my car over two years now by the oil pan and rear main seal and nothing has happened, still leaks the same quantity, regardless of outside temperature, no more, no less, just check oil regularly and it's good enough, so I am a testament that no biting in the *** drama occurs...
He means using the stop leak could bite you in the a$$, as opposed to just leaving the leak alone. Never use any sort of stop leak, not in your oil, not in your gas tank, and definately not in your coolant. Fluid leaks are one of those things that need to be fixed right or not at all.

The only stop leak I can recommend is the occasional "pepto-bomb" after a hard night of drinking, or during if need be.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:25 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by dillon410021
Great. Good luck with it. Take lots of pics for us.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:34 PM
jakery
resident n00b
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dillon410021
I would advice against driving these cars unless you have a savings account.

But good luck & do take lots of pics for us!
Old 06-04-2008, 05:46 PM
LFA951
Drifting

Originally Posted by eniac
He means using the stop leak could bite you in the a$$, as opposed to just leaving the leak alone. Never use any sort of stop leak, not in your oil, not in your gas tank, and definately not in your coolant. Fluid leaks are one of those things that need to be fixed right or not at all.

The only stop leak I can recommend is the occasional "pepto-bomb" after a hard night of drinking, or during if need be.
IMO the stop leak would make it worse, cause after 2 or 3 months the leak would be bigger as opposed to staying the same if you didn't use it. I've never used it myself since I've only heard that things get worse as a result...
Old 06-04-2008, 06:40 PM
F18Rep
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One little thing that does help reduce the leaks is to use the suggested oil weight. That 5w-30 disappears pretty fast.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:49 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

IMO the stop leak would make it worse, cause after 2 or 3 months the leak would be bigger as opposed to staying the same if you didn't use it. I've never used it myself since I've only heard that things get worse as a result...
"STP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just get some STP Oil Stop Leak $4.99 and you'll be fine... "LFA

"BS, I've had a leak on my car over two years now by the oil pan and rear main seal and nothing has happened, still leaks the same quantity, regardless of outside temperature, no more, no less, just check oil regularly and it's good enough, so I am a testament that no biting in the *** drama occurs... "LFA

So, you've never done it yourself,(which buy your own post is a lie.), but heard that things get worse as a result,( though you said above that they haven't gotten worse for you.), and then come here and tell someone else to use STP stop leak, even though you suspect it would cause his car damage?

As USUAL, I'm calling you on your bull****...not to mention your lies above.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:13 PM
LFA951
Drifting

Originally Posted by ehall
"STP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just get some STP Oil Stop Leak $4.99 and you'll be fine... "LFA

"BS, I've had a leak on my car over two years now by the oil pan and rear main seal and nothing has happened, still leaks the same quantity, regardless of outside temperature, no more, no less, just check oil regularly and it's good enough, so I am a testament that no biting in the *** drama occurs... "LFA

So, you've never done it yourself,(which buy your own post is a lie.), but heard that things get worse as a result,( though you said above that they haven't gotten worse for you.), and then come here and tell someone else to use STP stop leak, even though you suspect it would cause his car damage?

As USUAL, I'm calling you on your bull****...not to mention your lies above.
Lies? Just because I told someone to use STP doesn't mean I've used it myself, so where is the alleged lie? Does it say anywhere that I used it? No, so try to pay closer attention to what you read so you can put it in an accurate perspective. Yes, I've had a leak and never used any additive, just good old VR1 (which you refer to as Snake oil), and as for quoting quotes, how is this one by you on the GTX thread recommending STP as well?? Hypocrite...

"Get a bottle of STP oil treatment, or similar product that is primarily made up of ZDDP.(there are plenty of other brands avaialable...they all do the same.) Your oil needs it. Add it to your car. If you do this, you can use pretty much any reputable oil."
Old 06-04-2008, 10:02 PM
Type_LT
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Oil leaks are wonderful.

They ensure the oil stays fresh between oil changes.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:07 PM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

"Get a bottle of STP oil treatment, or similar product that is primarily made up of ZDDP.(there are plenty of other brands avaialable...they all do the same.) Your oil needs it. Add it to your car. If you do this, you can use pretty much any reputable oil."
Obviously you don't understand what he is saying. ZDDP is an additive that the oil companies quit putting in oil. It affects how the oil adheres to engine components (oil experts please correct me if I'm wrong). What you're talking about ("Stop leak") is not even CLOSE to the same product as ZDDP. "Stop leak" is a cheap way to forget about a problem that will only get worse with time, there fore I don't recommend it. It is a liquid with a fibrous material that adheres to the walls of whatever system you're putting it in, there fore stopping leaks (for a short time).

-Darwin

Zinc dialkyldithiophosphate -The main use of ZDDP is in anti-wear additives to lubricants such as greases, gear oils, and motor oils), which contain about 1%. For applications in oils for gasoline engines, zinc and phosphorus emissions could damage catalytic converters

Last edited by Darwantae951; 06-04-2008 at 11:36 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:43 PM
Phil R
Instructor

the po said my car had a minor oil leak.

All I had to do was replace every single part of the power steering system and do all the front engine seals including timing belt and balance shaft seals, plus oil line housing seals.

I was excited to escape the rear main seal leak! these cars aer awesome but they take lots of $$ and lots of time and understanding
Old 06-05-2008, 02:42 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Obviously you don't understand what he is saying. ZDDP is an additive that the oil companies quit putting in oil. It affects how the oil adheres to engine components (oil experts please correct me if I'm wrong). What you're talking about ("Stop leak") is not even CLOSE to the same product as ZDDP. "Stop leak" is a cheap way to forget about a problem that will only get worse with time, there fore I don't recommend it. It is a liquid with a fibrous material that adheres to the walls of whatever system you're putting it in, there fore stopping leaks (for a short time).

-Darwin

Zinc dialkyldithiophosphate -The main use of ZDDP is in anti-wear additives to lubricants such as greases, gear oils, and motor oils), which contain about 1%. For applications in oils for gasoline engines, zinc and phosphorus emissions could damage catalytic converters
That'll about handle it.
LFA, try to keep up. It must be hard for you to do when you have to figure out which fictional account of your experience to tell next.

Because you're so slow, here's you're lie posted for you again.

STP

Just get some STP Oil Stop Leak $4.99 and you'll be fine... LFA

BS, I've had a leak on my car over two years now by the oil pan and rear main seal and nothing has happened, still leaks the same quantity, regardless of outside temperature, no more, no less, just check oil regularly and it's good enough, so I am a testament that no biting in the *** drama occurs... LFA
Old 06-05-2008, 05:49 PM
LFA951
Drifting

Originally Posted by ehall
That'll about handle it.
LFA, try to keep up. It must be hard for you to do when you have to figure out which fictional account of your experience to tell next.

Because you're so slow, here's you're lie posted for you again.

STP

Just get some STP Oil Stop Leak $4.99 and you'll be fine... LFA

BS, I've had a leak on my car over two years now by the oil pan and rear main seal and nothing has happened, still leaks the same quantity, regardless of outside temperature, no more, no less, just check oil regularly and it's good enough, so I am a testament that no biting in the *** drama occurs... LFA
How's this for experience, STP Oil treatment that you recommended won't do squat for our cars which carry 6 quarts of oil, the 15 oz. bottle would dilute 12 times and it wouldn't do jack!

Quick Reply: 951 oil leak