MAF wiring

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 05:56 PM
ZPmadA
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAF wiring

Hi all,
I had to rewire my autothority maf after the harness got caught in the headlights and ripped to bits. I was able to start the car today with my homemade wiring harness. Before I take it on any long trips I just want to make sure I got this right. The Black wire is attached to a ground (in my harness, I grounded it to the same point as the headlights). The red wire goes to the diagnostic port (driver's side near the firewall). The green wire isn't attached to anything and taped up. the blue wire is connected to one end of the potentiometer, and the other end of the potentiometer is connected to the ground wire. The yellow wire is connected to #1 on the maf. Does this all sound right? The car seems to idle fine but when I rev it up, the rpm come down and sort of stumble but then clear up. Originally I tried to start it with only the red and black wire attached to the MAF while the yellow wire was not attached and it would stall. I'm assuming the computer needs time to re-adjust. How long does this take?
Old 05-16-2008, 06:10 PM
Dave951
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Up for a fellow Princeton 951 driver!

Quick Reply: MAF wiring