How do I fix my dropping door?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 10:31 AM
420WHP944
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default How do I fix my dropping door?

Hi Guys,

I've been meaning to sort this problem out with my drivers door ever since I got my car...the bottom part of the door seems to ' kick out ' slightly everytime I opem my door causing it to rub on the bottom 6 inches or so against my front fender....I know its not the hinge that has sagged....I believe its a weld that has broke free from within the door that keeps the door skin held.....any body have this problem and more importantly know the best way to fix it?.....If I knew exactly where the weld was on the inside I was thinking of drilling a hole in the door from the outside and tack welding it back in place....grind off and repaint that section etc...

Hoping to hear of a solution!

Thanks guys

John.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:46 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

I have seen the hinge welds fail. This will cause a sagging door, but it's pretty easy to reweld.

If you're seeing it in another location, you may have to do more investigating to figure it out.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:56 PM
420WHP944
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Van
I have seen the hinge welds fail. This will cause a sagging door, but it's pretty easy to reweld.

If you're seeing it in another location, you may have to do more investigating to figure it out.
Nope...just the bottom hinge weld has come away....Its coming off tomorrow and hopefully the problem will be sorted for once and for all...
Old 05-16-2008, 09:02 PM
Cory9584
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

while were on the topic of doors, can i buy the rubber boots that cover the wiring new?
Old 05-17-2008, 05:06 PM
hermpie
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have this seen once before and the problem was that someone had his weight on top of the door so that after that the door scraped the sill.
So to fix it we just pushed to door up while it was open ; this means there was flex in the door itself, the hinges were just fine. No more problems afterthat.
Hermpie

Quick Reply: How do I fix my dropping door?