Wow!! $21750 add

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 11:33 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 55 Posts

I always confuse Australia with New Zealand for some reason.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:25 PM
nkgosselin
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Good luck. I can't even get an offer over $8,500 for my very, very nice and over maintained car.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:25 AM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

but its "way fast".......everyone knows thats faster than "crazy fast" and "stupid fast"...............a car that is "way fast" can demand any price..................
Old 04-30-2008, 09:27 AM
Kool
Part of the IN Crowd
Rennlist Member

It is reduced now.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:31 PM
Allred
2nd Gear

Default Owner - Seller Replies

OK, I'm the overly optimistic owner/seller of the 951.

A couple of responses.

First, Please don't confuse me with the original owner who sold it to me about 15 months ago. Yes, he was a bit proud of his knowledge, and a bit over-bearing, and yes, he did manage to get me to pay more than I should have.

But haven't most of us experienced the "red mist"? You know, enthusiasm trumps common sense, and the "red mist" takes over, and you just "gotta have it" Am I the only one?

Second, I have repented a bit, and lowered the price. So much for holding out. I will be advertising the extra Turbo-Twist wheels & tires, and free-flow exhaust separately, and will lower price more if/when they sell.

Third, the "way fast", a pretty all encompassing description for sure. I suppose because I've never driven it anywhere near the limit. I'm an old geezer club racer with a mediocre record to show for it,, Rx-7's, Miatas & Formula Ford mostly, and frankly, the 951 scares me. I had intended to keep it as is, and drive to PCA DE events at some of the famous Mid-west tracks that I never got to race on, just so I would know what Mid-Ohio, or Road America was like. I suppose if I don't sell it, I could still do that.

Fourth, I suppose I should re-think the rather arrogant tone of my last ad paragraph, the "don't call unless....." bit. I didn't really intend to be quite so ridgid, must have been that argument with the wife that set me off that morning.

Allred
Upside-Down 951 Owner

PS For my pride's sake I'm not disclosing how much I paid , but at least it was less than original owner's 24k asking price!
Old 04-30-2008, 12:40 PM
Kool
Part of the IN Crowd
Rennlist Member

Keep it. And enjoy it. If it scraes you take the shim out of the Wastegate.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:50 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Allred

A couple of responses.

First, Please don't confuse me with the original owner who sold it to me about 15 months ago. Yes, he was a bit proud of his knowledge, and a bit over-bearing, and yes, he did manage to get me to pay more than I should have.

But haven't most of us experienced the "red mist"? You know, enthusiasm trumps common sense, and the "red mist" takes over, and you just "gotta have it" Am I the only one?

Second, I have repented a bit, and lowered the price. So much for holding out. I will be advertising the extra Turbo-Twist wheels & tires, and free-flow exhaust separately, and will lower price more if/when they sell.

Third, the "way fast", a pretty all encompassing description for sure. I suppose because I've never driven it anywhere near the limit. I'm an old geezer club racer with a mediocre record to show for it,, Rx-7's, Miatas & Formula Ford mostly, and frankly, the 951 scares me. I had intended to keep it as is, and drive to PCA DE events at some of the famous Mid-west tracks that I never got to race on, just so I would know what Mid-Ohio, or Road America was like. I suppose if I don't sell it, I could still do that.

Fourth, I suppose I should re-think the rather arrogant tone of my last ad paragraph, the "don't call unless....." bit. I didn't really intend to be quite so ridgid, must have been that argument with the wife that set me off that morning.

Allred
Upside-Down 951 Owner

PS For my pride's sake I'm not disclosing how much I paid , but at least it was less than original owner's 24k asking price!

How did you find this thread, did someone sent you a link?
Old 04-30-2008, 06:34 PM
Allred
2nd Gear

Yup! Someone leaked it to me.....
Old 04-30-2008, 07:27 PM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just keep it. To take a loss on it would be a big mistake. If it's in really good shape, it won't be that big of a deal to keep it up. Especially since the car scares you now. It's really not that fast as it sits. In fact, I would say it' pretty slow. You'll get used to it. We all do. If you use it, drive it, that money you spent on it won't feel so bad. They are a lot of fun. 5, 10 years from now, if you still have the car, you'll have more memories, stories, and cool get togethers with us around the country to more than make up for what you spent on it..
Old 05-01-2008, 08:53 PM
Richgreenster
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Allred

A couple of responses.

Allred
Upside-Down 951 Owner

How much do you want for the turbo wheels and tires?

Last edited by Richgreenster; 05-01-2008 at 08:54 PM. Reason: more to ask

Quick Reply: Wow!! $21750 add