Old 05-01-2008, 02:19 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fastmover
On decel fuel cut off , it will show a momentary rich condition because the air flow stops before the dme responds with cutoff, and most tuning stratagy's use a slower cut off rate of fuel, for controlling idle drop (decay) rate as well as exhaust temp cooling.

Yep most will go rich for a split second before fuel cutoff.. However I don't have that issue. My engine-management has drop-throttle adjustments that allow me to eliminate that rich condition.

-Rogue
Old 05-02-2008, 12:42 AM
fastmover
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant
Yep most will go rich for a split second before fuel cutoff.. However I don't have that issue. My engine-management has drop-throttle adjustments that allow me to eliminate that rich condition.

-Rogue
That it impossible, even today's modern Porsche still have that momentary rich condition, I would bet that your datalogger is not sampling as fast as needed or it is not showing all the parameters needed to see this condition. With the PIWIS tester at work I can see this condition plain as day. Also all tuning equipment allows the tuner to adjust the decay rate of fuel when entering idle or decel conditions because it is part of the binary protocol in the dme, and it is the binary that tuners and chip makers are adjusting, It is up to the tuners to adjust these settings.

Semper fi
Old 05-02-2008, 02:21 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hmm, perhaps there is rich condition that is happening too fast for me to pick up on the datalogs..
I will still stand by that the momentary rich condition in my car is no where near as pronounced as a factory car, due to the ability to adjust drop-throttle airflow.

-Rogue

Quick Reply: AFR ~12-11:1 on decel?