Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

windshield antenna booster hook up

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 09:42 PM
Phil R
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default windshield antenna booster hook up

I'm trying to figure out how the windshield antenna should be hooked up because my car does not appear to have a traditional antenna coax style wire to plug into the antenna socket of my head unit.

my car has a windshield antenna that should hood directily to a booster of some type that should then wire to the head unit. is this correct?

what does the booster look like and what is the location? what type of wire/ color goes from the booster to the antenna in the windshield.

any info would be very helpful. its somewhat hard to figure out because I have a nonfunctional alarm installed and some of the oem wiring was pretty hacked up.

I
Old 04-15-2008, 10:16 PM
Phil R
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok that was not bad at all

for those who find this post I'll let you know what i found.

if you look at the passanger side of the car the base of the windshield you see the antenna come out the base of the windshield. if you look under the windshield with the hood up you find a small black wire that must be hooked up to the spade connection on the windshield. the wire then passes through the firewall and connects to the booster.

to find the antenna booster remove the glove box and find a small black box right on the inside of the firewall next to where the small black antenna passes through the firewall. the small wire is a power wire and the thick wire is the antenna coax wire. the power should be hooked up to a switched power supply presumably on the headunit. in my car both wires are cut so it looks like I have a bit of soldering to do.

Quick Reply: windshield antenna booster hook up