Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Good source for replacement of...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 09:07 PM
Fluidplay
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Good source for replacement of...

I'm looking for a good source for replacing the seals, window scrapers & outside rubber on the doors. All of mine are pretty worn out and sunbaked.
Thanks
Old 04-15-2008, 10:03 PM
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think Pelican has all the seals you need..
Old 04-16-2008, 12:02 PM
Netrunner09
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when I replaced mine last year during my re-spray, Jason at Paragon helped me get everything I needed. Good prices and excellent service as usual.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:31 PM
Spidey944
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

944online has em too.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:22 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Paragon or Pelican.
Rhob got stuff from both last year when he got his car painted. Man, the car was super quiet afterwards too. It's not cheap though - all seals (doors, sunroof, hatch, scrapers in/out, decal, badge, all gaskets) IIRC, was $942.

Here is Rhob's car before the final buff. It looks incredible now.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:57 PM
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ouch! Thats 2x what I figured.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:36 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That included hood badge/gasket, mirror and door handle gaskets, back decal, alarm and hatch key gaskets, and stone shields; so you could reduce that and you would probably be very close to your estimate.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:45 PM
Fluidplay
Three Wheelin'

Thanks guys...appreciate the help! Paragon & Pelican it is
Old 04-16-2008, 10:04 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Paragon is very good and you'll always hear me applaud their customer service. During the repaint of my car I shopped around pretty extensively and found some parts were so cheap it was easier to get them from the dealer, Key hole surrounds, handle gaskets, rubber bumpers under the hood, small stuff etc. and the larger came from multiple sources including Vertex Auto which was about 10% cheaper on a few parts. If I remember correctly Vertex supplied me with the hatch, door, sunroof, and inner sunroof seal. Do not get the outer seal for the sunroof from Vertex as I'm still having issues getting my sunroof to sit right. $900 sounds about right for all of the gaskets.

P.S. One other thing, some of the gaskets that surround the foglights and sidemarkers are very hard to find. The only source I've found is fellow Rennlister Nicole.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:03 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by ELLSSUU
Paragon is very good and you'll always hear me applaud their customer service. During the repaint of my car I shopped around pretty extensively and found some parts were so cheap it was easier to get them from the dealer, Key hole surrounds, handle gaskets, rubber bumpers under the hood, small stuff etc. and the larger came from multiple sources including Vertex Auto which was about 10% cheaper on a few parts. If I remember correctly Vertex supplied me with the hatch, door, sunroof, and inner sunroof seal. Do not get the outer seal for the sunroof from Vertex as I'm still having issues getting my sunroof to sit right. $900 sounds about right for all of the gaskets.

P.S. One other thing, some of the gaskets that surround the foglights and sidemarkers are very hard to find. The only source I've found is fellow Rennlister Nicole.
I agree with this. Keep in mind that if you use multiple suplliers, the shiping can quickly negate the slight discount, so do check with your dealer first, and then try to get as much as possible in a single shipment from the other vendors.

Quick Reply: Good source for replacement of...