Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Low temp fan thermo switch

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 12:43 PM
George D
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low temp fan thermo switch

Anyone here have a low temp thermo switch for a 951 for sale?
Old 04-12-2008, 12:57 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey George,

I've been able to pick them and a low temp thermostat up locally at just about any BAP. I believe Napa's will have them as well.

Anyway it's a Whaler Thermoswitch PN 251 959 481 75 (on the label) and 6017 75 on the Whaler box. We've got about 10 of em running around up here and they make a huge difference in the summer.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:06 PM
George D
Drifting

Jeremy,

You da man! I'll be coming up your way with Sean when my car is back for a track day or just to visit. How far along is your car?
Old 04-12-2008, 01:23 PM
shiners780
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is the thermo switch that threads into the radiator correct?
Old 04-12-2008, 01:31 PM
George D
Drifting

Yes, the one on the radiator.

I want the fans to come on sooner and the motor is out right now. Now is the easy time to put one of these in the radiator. It gets HOT out here in the summer, and I noticed my fans coming on at the second mark on the temp gage.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:56 PM
shiners780
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool, I didn't know you could get those at a FLAPS. I have added that PN to my binder for future reference, that's good info.
Old 04-12-2008, 02:09 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by George D
Jeremy,

How far along is your car?

Anytime. My car with the 2.5L in it is running like a raped ape and I almost hate to pull and sell it. I just ordered my Stage 2 headers from Tim so the only thing left to finishe my 3.0L is to order a clutch, intercooler, and assemble. Everything else is on the shelf so I anticipate installation in the next few months.

Our Spec car is getting really close and will be in finished paint next weekend. https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...eferrerid=7359
Old 04-12-2008, 02:36 PM
bearone
Three Wheelin'

it's also a volkswagen part, probably cheaper too.

Old 04-12-2008, 04:56 PM
George D
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jeremy Himsel
Anytime. My car with the 2.5L in it is running like a raped ape and I almost hate to pull and sell it. I just ordered my Stage 2 headers from Tim so the only thing left to finishe my 3.0L is to order a clutch, intercooler, and assemble. Everything else is on the shelf so I anticipate installation in the next few months.

Our Spec car is getting really close and will be in finished paint next weekend. https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...eferrerid=7359

Wow, you put some time in the Spec car. The paint looks good. I'm amazed at how well some garage sprays come out when you know what you are doing.

Looking forward to seeing our cars runnin together. We are planning a trip to Greer www.antlerridge.com with a few car nut friends in May. We will have two 3.0 951's a heavily modded 993 TT, a few mildly modded 951's and some other newer fast stuff. Two of the cars will be coming out of LA and going through Phoenix. Would you want to come up? Roads are really fun!!
Old 04-12-2008, 07:12 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Wow, you put some time in the Spec car. The paint looks good. I'm amazed at how well some garage sprays come out when you know what you are doing.

Looking forward to seeing our cars runnin together. We are planning a trip to Greer www.antlerridge.com with a few car nut friends in May. We will have two 3.0 951's a heavily modded 993 TT, a few mildly modded 951's and some other newer fast stuff. Two of the cars will be coming out of LA and going through Phoenix. Would you want to come up? Roads are really fun!!
Hey count me in. Is this an overnight thing? Trying to decide if I'll have the wife take the Corvette or not.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:38 PM
ryanm6100
Pumice King
Rennlist Member

No but I do have a used timing belt for sale. PM me for details.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:09 PM
George D
Drifting

Yes, it's an overnight thing. We will be staying over a weekend. Trust me, we have alot of fun. We only drive quads while drinking. Cars just get looked at, worked on, and washed once beers are opened.
Hey count me in. Is this an overnight thing? Trying to decide if I'll have the wife take the Corvette or not.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:11 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yes, it's an overnight thing. We will be staying over a weekend. Trust me, we have alot of fun. We only drive quads while drinking. Cars just get looked at, worked on, and washed once beers are opened.

Count me in..... is this your place? How do I get a room and what weekend is it?
Old 04-12-2008, 08:24 PM
George D
Drifting

Count me in..... is this your place? How do I get a room and what weekend is it?
http://www.falconaz.com/antler/index.html This is the new website. We will be staying in the big cabin. You don't need to book anything if you are going up with us. I'm building another home there now, and I have to go up as much as I can to keep an eye on things.

I'll give you the weekend in May when I know. I just don't want to make a commitment till my *&*&$%$#ing car is done.

Quick Reply: Low temp fan thermo switch