Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Vitesse MAF with no chips

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 04:44 PM
johntorg
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John, I understand all that. Don't forget I have your MAF setup. I was just asking whether the MAF he has is the same as mine, other than normal MAF to MAF Differences which can be tuned with the SMT6. I now have 2 89 Turbos and since I can only drive one at a time, I was wondering if I could use this MAF, suitably tuned with the SMT6 in the other car, assuming the same injectors and other equipment. I would just swap the DME and leave an SMT6 in each car. I used to be a PP dealer and have 3 SMT6s lying around.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:20 PM
Antonio951
Drifting

A TRUE air mass (or MAF) software, allows you to alter boost, elevation, outside temps even turbos and will maintain the correct AFR.

That alone is worth the money!
Get the correct chip from Vitesse and you will have a problem free car. If you ever turn your boost up, you dont have to send the chip in to get it re-programed to work with the boost setting. Im pretty sure that every other chip on the market requires you to re-program even if you change the boost by 1 pound. With the Vitesse chip board you dont have to worry about going lean when changing those settings. I bought his maf setup and the im very happy with it.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:39 PM
tjbreen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I spoke to Russell who recently moved to Massachusetts. Apparently, it is a weather upgrade for him as he used to live in upstate New York.

Russell said he would need to do the chip design on a dyno and it would take a few hours and the costs would probably be a wash with a new Vitesse chip anyway. The PO of this system also mentioned to me that getting Russell to make him a chip was his plan but apparently, he had not researched the viability of this plan before suggesting it to me.

You can turn up the boost on the MAF without getting a new chip but you can't change the injectors, FPR, turbo, or make huge changes to the exhaust without getting a new image. I hadn't heard that there are systems out there that require a chip change just to turn up the boost - one more thing to remember.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:45 PM
Antonio951
Drifting

You dont HAVE to change the chip when you turn the boost up, but it wont have the right A/F. At least thats the understanding that i am under. With the Vitesse chip board, the A/F will be right when you change the boost setting. And im pretty sure you can get several images on one chipboard for a little extra $, so if you ever do major changes on your car, you can just "flip the switch" on the chip to work with your settings. But the fact that you can have perfect A/F by changing the boost setting without having to re-program the chip, that alone is worth the money and piece of mind to me.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:04 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Johntorg, I have not seen the MAF in question here, however I was told who was the original owner. Regardless, the MAF you now have and the one for sale on this thread are not the same.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:27 PM
johntorg
Rennlist Member

Thanks John, I appreciate the reply
Old 04-02-2008, 10:38 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 515 Likes on 346 Posts

Not sure what revision of software and Vitesse MAF I had, but it did NOT compensate for altitude. I had to play with FQS settings to get the A/F where I wanted it based on what altitude I was at. I sold the car, but I definately needed to have an SMT6 to get things where they needed to be, and would've needed to carry it with me so I could reset things as I drove up higher into the mountains.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:03 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

docwhyte, you had a mid version. Many things changed since. By default, the MAF compensates for altitude changes as it measure the Air Mass, which varies with altitude. The altitude sensor on the 951 is a ON/OFF switch, which makes actual altitude readings impossible. All about to change!
Old 04-02-2008, 11:17 PM
kevincnc
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can I be a Beta tester?

Quick Reply: Vitesse MAF with no chips